chapter 2

CLASHING CIRCLES

CLASHING CIRCLES

"Oh-Elysia. Hello. Good to see you, you look well."

I was walking to Potions when I had run into Blaise. He was as charming as ever. It was strange that I despised his best friend yet adored Blaise. We had become somewhat good friends over the years. We made small talk on the occasion. He was always kind.

I smiled. "Blaise, you as well. You've gotten quite taller."

Blaise bit his lip to fight a smile. He almost looked shy. "Oh-yes, I have. You noticed."

"Of course I did," I laughed. "It's impossible not to. You're practically towering over me."

Blaise chuckled softly, rubbing the back of his neck. "Well, if it's possible it seems you've gotten even shorter."

I was short, I always had been. I was even shorter than Hermione who was hardly 5'5".

I rolled my eyes playfully. "As one does. I've been told it's the coffee-apparently, it makes you shorter. I'm sure it must be a myth."

"In this world, myths happen to often be true."

A grin stretched across my face. Blaise always said things that somehow made me smile. "How was your summer?"

"It was alright. Not too eventful. Was yours good?"

"It-"

"Zabini."

Both Blaise and I looked over to see Draco approaching us, Pansy walking beside him. He kept his gaze trained on Blaise. "What are you doing? Don't you have a class to get to?"

Blaise shifted uncomfortably. It was very evident that Draco didn't exactly appreciate the friendships I had with his fellow Slytherins.

"Don't you have some poor second year Hufflepuffs to torment, Malfoy?"

Draco snapped his gaze towards me, his eyes ice cold as usual. "I wasn't talking to you-was I, Ambrose?"

I sighed, ignoring him and turning to smile at Pansy. "I like the hair-cut, Pans. It suits you." Pansy was sporting some new feather bangs that made her look even cuter than usual. Her dark brown hair had always made her bright green eyes stand out.

A smile stretched across Pansy's face at the compliment. "Thank you, Elysia. I was waiting for one of these ignorant fools to notice." She shook her head lightly. "Your hair's grown out quite a bit since I last saw you."

"Yes, actually Uncle Sirius has this hair oil he uses. It makes-"

"Oh, for Merlin's sake-nobody cares about your stupid hair oil, Ambrose." Draco rolled his eyes, evidently fuming with irritation.