chapter 91

MY WONDERWALL

MY WONDERWALL

Narrator

𝐎 𝐍 𝐄 𝐌 𝐎 𝐍 𝐓 𝐇 𝐓 𝐇 𝐄 𝐑 𝐄 𝐀 𝐅 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑

With the gentle spirit that Spring carried with its warm welcome, ataraxy came alongside. The ambience at Hogwarts had grown pleasant and homely once more as the previous adversities had found their conclusions. After a long time, everything felt normal.

The biting frigidness of winter of its cold had been put into her seasonal sleeping chamber as Springtime waved in a sea of bright blooms. Scarlet tulips raised from the earth like the season's very own accessory; Draco and Elysia laid in its bed.

Lying in the grass in a spot by the Black Lake, a quaint and hidden patch of meadow that looked as though it had been materialized from the pages of a storybook.

Amazon green grass with preciously fragile flowers flourishing throughout.
Far below, from an angle that made the castle of Hogwarts look like it was sitting on the clouds.
The sky above acting as the vault of heaven; stretching as far as the eye could see, a hemisphere of azure-blue and fluffy clouds wandering.
A thick forest astir with life behind, and the black water sparkling under the sun to the side.

Elysia pointed a finger at the sky. "Look at that cloud. It looks like a Golden Snitch."

Draco's eyes squinted through the brightness as he analyzed the fluff of white above their heads. "Not at all, darling. That's a bunny rabbit."

A darling smile on Elysia's face, she turned her head to look at the blonde. He was still looking at the sky. "A bunny rabbit?"

Draco nodded firmly, his head slightly tilting to the side. "Yes. Definitely. That is a rabbit. Don't you see it?"

Elysia bit her lip to stop her smile from growing into one that looked manic. "Yeah," she breathed out. "I see it."

But she didn't. She was far too busy looking at him instead.

She would wait a lifetime for him and he would still be worth every second to her. She swore to herself, that she would continue to look for him in every lifetime-because a life without the beauty of this boy was not one worth knowing. Not to Elysia.

She looked at him-the way the sun bounced off his platinum hair to make it appear as though it were truly glowing; the way the rays of sunlight soaked into his crystal blue eyes and made them sparkle like a gemstone. An angel. My very own blonde-haired angel who illuminates my world far more than the sun ever could.

She could feel the love within her as though it was the blood from her heart pumping air into her lungs.

"Oh-that-" Draco pointed his finger to another cloud. "That one definitely looks like a Niffler, no?"

Elysia turned her head to follow where his pale finger was pointing. "That one, you are right about."

"I'm right about them all," Draco grumbled quietly, a playfulness in his voice.

Elysia's eyes constricted as her gaze travelled across the sky, carefully attentive to each mass that floated in the atmosphere.

"Oh, that one!" She said excitedly, pointing. "Dare I say that one looks like Snape, doesn't it? Just his head. The hair and all. I reckon I can even see a scowl on that cloud." She was laughing airily.

This time, Draco was the one to turn his head and look at the girl lying beside him.

He was mesmerized by the sight that she was, every minuscule detail on her face appearing like precise artwork. The crinkles at the corner of her eye, the one-sided dimple on her left cheek that would appear when she smiled or laughed big enough. Her mere fascination by something as disparagement as the clouds-Draco was in spell-bounded by her pulchritude.

Things that had never interested him before were now suddenly just as fascinating, simply because he knew they were important to her.

"They're so pretty," Elysia mused quietly, eyes fixated on the sky. "The clouds. They're just floating away, so serene. It's oddly fascinating, no?"

Draco hummed. "Yeah. So pretty." But he was only looking at her.

For a moment, he let his eyes flicker back to the white fluffiness drifting through the everlasting blue above. All these simple things that would forever bring her to his mind; the sky that would never be quite as blue as her eyes, the gentle breeze that came like a caress to his skin.

As gentle as a cloud, but loves with the fury of a storm. Elysia.

Draco propped himself up on his elbow and peered down at her.

Elysia's eyes flickered onto him hovering over her. "What?" She laughed sheepishly. "You're not even looking at the clouds," she murmured quietly.

Draco grinned down at her. "I'm looking at what matters."

Elysia rolled her eyes but her face grew firing hot. "Are you being cheeky so you get laid?"

"Are you offering?"

Laughing, Elysia swatted his arm. "Cheeky."

Draco glanced down at the grass, his pale fingers threading through the green strings. He watched the green wands twining between each finger, ticklish against his palm. Everything in the world seemed so much more entrancing-and he was sure Elysia was the cause for this.

Elysia was more fixated on the vault of blue above. She saw the clouds like puffs of magic in the acreage of blue. They moved in shoals with streaks of heaven-gold and white illuminating between, the sunlight cascading a cozy warmth. She could forever stay transfixed on the blue of the sky for it reminded her of Draco's eyes; the strength of the hue as clear as pure water, the miles made of fairytale dreams.

Such blue had become her comfort colour.

A smile stretched across Draco's face as he plucked at the grass. Bringing the piece close to his face, he twirled the little shamrock between his index and middle finger.

"For you, darling." Draco held out the four-leafed clover to Elysia. "I extend my found luck to you for I wish all my good luck finds you and leads you to the best."

Elysia smiled as she took the clover from him. She held it above her head and looked at it carefully for a long moment before holding it back out to Draco to take. "I don't need it." She looked back out at the sky.

Draco frowned as she handed him the four-leafed clover and folded her hands on top of her stomach. "Why not?"

Elysia continued watching the clouds calmly drifting past, a soft smile remaining. "I don't need any more good luck."

"Why not? You can never have too much g-"

Elysia propped herself up on her elbows and turned to look at the boy. "You are my good luck, Draco. I need nothing more for I already have everything I want."

A whimsical smile grew on Draco's face as he sat upright. "I-" Exhaling sharply, he took her face in his hands and pulled her in, kissing her feverishly. "God, I love you," he spoke breathily against her lips.

Smiling giddily and heart fluttering away, Elysia wrapped her arms around the blonde's neck. Every part of her suddenly stirred inside, growing wings, flying away.

She tasted like warm honey and Draco never wanted to part for air. He wanted to melt right into her. Become consciousness itself.

This is what sunshine would taste like.

𝐖𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐋 | draco malfoyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara