chapter 78

A ROSE:BEAUTIFUL YET PRICKING

A ROSE:
BEAUTIFUL YET PRICKING

This is not happening again.

Are you fucking kidding me?

My thoughts ran a mile a minute while simultaneously halting to a complete stop, going blank.

I walked into the Slytherin common room, freezing at the sight in front of me. Further in the room, Draco sat on one of the couches in front of the fireplace. Mara sat on his lap, their lips connected.

I'm dreaming. I have to be dreaming.

Because unlike last time, I'm not just seeing the carefully set up components on Mara's game board-this time, it's right in front of my eyes. Draco's hand on her hip as she sits on his lap; he whispered quiet words against her mouth, his lips brushing hers, her eyes closed.

Oh, God. I'm going to be sick.

Seconds passed and they remained in the same position. If Mara was jumping his bones, he would have pushed her off. What the fuck is he doing?

Unwittingly, my mind flashed to Halloween night when she walked into the common room in her sultry and exposed outfit. Draco couldn't keep her eyes off her. Evil as she may be, she was a walking goddess-appearance wise, at the least. Hell, even I wouldn't be able to resist her.

With a tightness in my chest that made air feel like razor blades running through my lungs, I bolted before I was seen. Rushing elsewhere, I found myself frantically knocking on Pansy's bedroom door.

"Merlin-what's-" Pansy's face fell when she saw the look on my face. "Elysia, what happened? Bubba, why are you crying?"

I didn't even know I was.

"I don't-I can't believe what I saw but I have to believe it because I quite literally saw it with my own eyes and-well, it's hard to imagine what else it could have been other than what it quite literally looked to be." I paced, rapidly blinking away the tears that blurred my vision. "Pansy, I can't breathe. Oh, God. I'm dying-not literally but it fucking feels like it-"

"Elysia!" Yelling, Pansy gripped onto my shoulders to stop me from both pacing and ranting. "Calm down. Breathe."

Looking her dead in the eye, I did as she said. She took deep breaths with me, plenty until I calmed slightly.

Guiding me to her bed, she sat us both down. "Tell me what happened."

I choked on a sob before a free-fall of tears began. I couldn't contain it. I burst like a well and cried in Pansy's arms, my chest having grown tight enough for no intake of breath to be nearly enough. I actually could not breathe.