chapter 29

MIND IMPALING

MIND IMPALING

Draco

"How am I supposed to-how do we fucking study for a Muggle Studies test when there's so much going on?" Fred dropped his head in his hands, groaning aloud.

Lately, I had found myself hanging out with the Gryffindors. Elysia being taken had somehow brought us all together-mainly because we spent every waking moment trying to find a way to get her back.

It was hell.

Every waking moment was hell.

More days went by, then more. Potter spent all day with the Marauders, Dumbledore, McGonagall; pleading for answers, pleading for them to tell him what was going on, what they were doing, what he could do to help. The Marauders hardly had a clue themselves what they were going to do. They tried to act as though everything was under control but we knew, we all knew there was nothing but chaos and panic within the walls of Hogwarts.

Whatever plan the Marauders had-some sort of fake exchange, an attempt to kill Samael once they ensured Elysia was safe-it sounded nothing more than a death wish.

They were essentially recreating the same battle for the stone that happened years ago. The battle that almost ended Hogwarts. The battle that took countless lives. The battle that nearly killed them all.

Fucking suicidal fools.

We have to do better.

I wanted to have faith in them, I want to believe that they will save her if the rest of us can't.

But I can't breathe. My lungs physically feel as though they are constricting. I was terrified-if something happened to Elysia before we got to her, if something happened in the crossfire of whatever plan the Marauders had-

I couldn't even finish the thought.

The mere thought made my blood feel as though it were gradually turning to molten lead, withering me from inside out.

I can't lose her.

I won't.

I was not going to lose her before I even entirely had her.

Hermione and Pansy walked into the Great Hall, sliding into the table we sat at. Hermione slammed a large book down.

"You have something?" George perked up, his posture straightening. Hope glistened through his eyes.

Hermione winced lightly. "I-I don't know if it will work. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up-"

"Mione, what is it?" Fred cut her off. "Anything is worth a try."