chapter 55

DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE WE GO

NARRATOR

Enzo's eyes roamed around the corridor as he looked for a specific boy-one he could have never imagined intentionally scouting out. When his eyes landed on the familiar mop of platinum air, he walked to Draco with quick, long strides.

"Malfoy."

Draco instantly scowled at the familiar voice. He wasn't fond of Enzo-especially not since seeing how close him and Elysia seemed to be. The sight of Enzo was enough for Draco to consider murder.

With his jaw clenched, Draco spun around to face Enzo. "Need something, Silvius?"

Enzo sighed tiredly. He was not in the mood to get into an unnecessary spar with Draco. "Have you seen Elysia?"

Draco's teeth gritted as her name rolled off his tongue. He hated that Enzo even knew Elysia, which Draco realized made him a possessive, jealous jerk, when really, he had no right to be annoyed by such a thing.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Draco hissed.

Enzo's eyebrows pulled together in confusion. "You lot are-friends. I just thought you might have seen her this morning." Enzo had picked up on the tension between Elysia and Draco during the party. He knew they obviously shared something, he just didn't know what.

Draco scoffed bitterly. "Seems she's more your friend these days. You haven't heard? Ambrose told me to sod the fuck off so no, I haven't seen her."

Despite Draco's irritation towards Enzo, he instantly grew worried. When he thought about it, it was unusual that he hadn't seen Elysia all morning; not in the Great Hall or with her other friends. He always saw her. He always looked for her in any room he stepped in.

At the same time, Draco considered that Elysia had been seeming much more isolated over the last few weeks. She would disappear during meals, seem lost in another world during classes, she spent more time alone in the library reading than hanging out with her friends.

Then Draco remembered, the last time he hadn't seen Elysia around, she had gotten kidnapped.

Enzo's face contorted in confusion. "She did?"

Draco's eyes snapped back onto Enzo. He was almost surprised Enzo didn't know.

Elysia never mentioned her and Draco's falling-out to Enzo. As surprised as Enzo was to hear this, he also wasn't. With everything he knew about Elysia, he knew she was pulling herself away from everyone. Enzo knew she was losing herself-which is exactly why he was worried right now.

She hadn't shown up to breakfast or Herbology class. He tried to convince himself that she must've just slept in, or been too high to care to show up to class-but felt he knew her better and those weren't the reasons he hadn't seen her all morning. He didn't know why he felt anxious, he just did.