chapter 84

BENT TO WILL

BENT TO WILL

Narrator

Mara had everything carefully set up where and how she needed it; she was playing with the others as though they were dolls in her dollhouse. One could almost be impressed by how well she engineered everything in order to achieve her wanted outcome.

Her manipulation was fuelled through wickedness, allowing her to be the architect for karmic calamity.

Elysia waited in an empty classroom, thinking she was meeting Draco. When the door opened, she hadn't expected Enzo to stroll in.

Her eyes flickered up from her book, eyebrows furrowing as she watched Enzo approach her.

This type of compulsion left Enzo with the impression that he was acting on his own initiative. He was victim of the Imperius Curse but he didn't know he was a victim. The walls of his constraint were invisible and his servitude felt willing to him. The Imperius Curse made him want to do exactly as he was ordered to, thinking it was his own idea-like his own body was working to trick his mind.

But despite his trance-like haze, as he walked towards Elysia, he was mildly conscious that he shouldn't be doing this. He can't do this. He tried to resist whatever was magnetically drawing him towards Elysia but his limbs were moving on their own and he couldn't seem to stop that.

He wasn't aware he was under mind control but when he found his body being pulled further and further towards Elysia, he tried to fight it.

"I'm sorry," he practically wheezed out. The two words were forced out using insurmountable strength-like the curse was trying to resist Enzo's intentions when they didn't follow the caster's orders.

Elysia was a deer in headlights-utterly confused by what was going on. Just by looking at her friend, she knew something was wrong, she just couldn't fathom what.

"Enzo, what's wrong? Are you okay?" She grew concerned as Enzo halted in front of her.

Enzo's mind fell into a fog. He was hardly conscious of his own movements as he closed the remainder of space between them.

Elysia's eyes widened. "What are you-"

He cupped her face and pulled her into a kiss.

Elysia froze.

She stood with eyes saucer-wide, her heart rate going haywire as Enzo kissed her softly. She could taste the fresh mint on his breath but she didn't move. Her own mind had gone blank.

At the same time, Draco had arrived at the doorframe of the classroom. He had gotten a note from Elysia asking him to meet in the classroom to study together-he was confused by the gesture but didn't question it.