chapter 75

tw: sexual content

MARKS OF STRENGTH

Draco's head on my chest, his arms around my torso as he hugged me tight. One of my hands was in his hair, my fingers threading through the strands of platinum. He held my other hand on my stomach, caressing my hand, threading his fingers in and out of mine. This is bliss.

"I'm sorry," he murmured so quietly I almost didn't hear him.

I looked down at him. "For what, Draco?"

He shrugged softly. I couldn't see his face from the angle his head laid on my chest. "The things I said. For that whole night. I didn't mean any of it."

My heart clenched. I sighed quietly. "It's okay."

He lifted his head to look at me. His eyes were sad, forlorn. "It's not okay. I was-I was terrible."

I could see the sincerity behind his eyes. Taking one side of his face in my hand, my thumb brushed over his cheek; he was warm to touch, the faintest tinges of crimson on his pale cheeks.

"It's okay," I said firmly. "Maybe it was the wake up call we both needed so I could see that I wasn't as okay as I told myself I was. I know you didn't... mean those things."

Draco sighed, frowning as he pressed his face further into my hand. He placed his hand overtop mine that cupped his face before sliding my hand over, placing a soft kiss in my palm. "I'm sorry I hurt you."

Every inch of me fluttered.

Infatuated, intoxicated, captive to the beams of his heart and soul. I could soak in all that he is forever and still be right here. Still wanting more.

"You sweeten and soften my soul, Draco Malfoy." I pulled him into me, kissing him tenderly. He responded with the same aching weakness. Our shields fell and in this kiss we became exposed to the bone, our hearts on full display to one other; vulnerable and pure.

"We should get to the Great Hall for dinner," he murmured against my lips, pulling back a fraction.

I smiled against him, his breath warm on my mouth. "We should."

Our lips connected again. Laying on his bed, Draco hovered above me; his hands tangled in my hair. He tasted sweet like apple and I was growing intoxicated off his breath that combined with mine to become one. I wrapped my arms around his neck, lightly tugging on the short hairs on the nape of his neck.

His smile grew against my mouth.

His lips moved from mine to my jaw and under my ear as he peppered me with delicate kisses that made my stomach flicker. I exhaled sharply as his tongue swirled around a tender spot on my neck.