chapter 92

tw: mature content

HOME FOR THE SUMMER

HOME FOR THE SUMMER

Narrator

Fingers laced between Draco's, Elysia stepped off the Hogwarts Express to be greeted by the delicate humidity that a late-June's air held. The summer sun wrapping them in its warm and brilliant rays like a gentle embrace; felicity flooded their chests with sheer warmth.

During moments like these, Elysia would sometimes find it hard to grasp how they had gotten here, how far they had come from their once routine hateful harmony.

Draco peered down at her, grey eyes appearing like crystal clear water under the the sun-rays soaking into them. His smile was ever-tender and made the Gryffindor's soul feel like it was being lit with tiny fires all over.

"There is nothing to worry about," he said softly. "Mum will love you. I have no doubt in my mind about it-she's spent the past month going on and on about how excited she is to have you staying with us over the summer holidays."

Her attempt at a smile contorted her expression into something anguishing. "I'm not worried."

The blond quirked an eyebrow. "You look a little worried there, Lys."

"I'm not. Why-why would I be?"

Laughing airily, Draco brought their clasped hands to his lips and placed a lingering kiss on the back of her hand. "Now you know how I felt last winter."

Elysia rolled her eyes, a quiet grunt sounding. "Shut up."

"You're cute when you're nervous."

"I'm not nervous." Her frantic glances around the bustling platform said others, gripping Draco's hand tight enough to crush his bones.

"Mum will love you," he paused, eyeing her; enamoured. "I do."

Vibrant blue eyes snapped back onto pale blue ones. "Shut up," her voice came out in an exhale. Finding it hard to breathe, or think straight, Elysia was sitting on the rim of an anxiety attack. She wasn't even sure why she was this nervous.

Bringing his face close enough to hers for their lips to be brushing, Elysia held her breath.

"Make me."

Something flashed in her eyes as they narrowed in his. "Arsehole," she murmured quietly. "I'm freaking out enough as is and now you want to make me-bloody aroused too?"

A smug little smirked danced across his lips as he pulled away. "It's helped, hasn't it? Now, you're thinking of all the things you'd love for me to do to you-rather than your internal panic about meeting my parents."

Elysia's mouth fell open as she gaped at the blond, eyes widened. "It helped until you just bloody reminded me of the panic!"

Draco laughed deeply as he leaned down and kissed her lips, quick but soft. "Lys," he said earnestly. "It is impossible to not love you upon seeing all the things there are about you. You have nothing to worry about."