chapter 14

ADMISSION

ADMISSION

I stood in the astronomy tower, looking out at the twinkling stars in the dark sky. It was cold but it didn't bother me.

I was decked out in a stunning dress and heels after Pansy spent hours doing my hair and makeup and here I was-alone and in the cold, hanging out by myself on the astronomy tower.

I couldn't wait for this night to end.

I couldn't wait to go back home for the holidays and see my parents.

"The party is downstairs, not up here."

I closed my eyes, not turning around. I think I may very well just explode.

"Please just-go away, Draco."

I was exhausted and beginning to get frost-bitten, my feet were hurting, and I felt pathetic and lonely. I really, really could not deal with Draco and his mockery right now. I was feeling so shitty, I was afraid I might just start crying out of frustration.

Draco ignored me and continued walking over to where I stood. His suit jacket draped over my shoulders as he placed it on me.

I glanced at him, confused by the gesture.

He looked out at the sky, standing beside me. "It would be a shame to return home for the holidays with a cold."

We stood in silence, looking out at the stars for a few moments. I glanced at him from the corner of my eye. "The party is downstairs, not up here, Malfoy." I reiterated his own words back to him. "So, why are you up here?"

Draco paused for a long moment before he turned to look at me. His features were soft, his eyes warm. It was-uncanny, to say the least.

Draco held out his palm. "Dance with me, Elysia."

I blinked.

I didn't know if I should laugh or not. Surely he had to be messing with me to make me look like a fool.

I looked at his hand before his eyes again. "Am I really that pathetic-that you feel bad enough to offer me a dance?"

Draco just peered at me-no hint of mischief of taunt in his eyes, no smug smirk on his face. "It would be a shame for one to dress up so-" his eyes roamed down my body. "So exquisitely, just to have this night end without a single dance. Surely, you must have one dance saved in you."

I was bewildered, utterly staggered.

His eyes were sincere but this was Draco Malfoy, the boy who hated me. Here he was, being unusually charming and decent.

He had to be messing with me.

Draco sighed, giving em a tired look. "I can see the gears in your head spinning, Ambrose. I'm not asking to duel you, I am asking for a dance."