chapter 6

GONE SOFT

GONE SOFT

"Elysia!"

I was walking down the hallways when Cedric spotted me, jogging to catch up to me.

"Ced!" I engulfed him in a bone-crushing hug. He hugged me much tighter, taking away all my oxygen. "Where have you been? I haven't seen you around at all."

Cedric grinned down at me. "I asked Cho out."

My eyes lit up. I punched his arm. "About time! Did she say yes?"

Cedric scoffed playfully as the two of us started walking together. "Of course she did. Who could resist?"

I laughed. "I'm sure half the female population in this school is jealous of Cho. Where are you taking her?"

"We're going to head down to Hogsmeade this weekend," he told me. A feathery smile played on his lips as he spoke. "I know she drinks tea at least three times a day so I was thinking we could stop at Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop."

I bit my lip to contain my giddy smile. I was happy for Cedric and hearing the excitement in his voice made my heart swell. "I hope you two have a lovely time, Ced."

"A lovely time, huh? We must be talking about the long-awaited first date that's taking place this weekend." Cedric and I joined the Weasley twins in the Great Hall.

Cedric rolled his eyes but his face was tinging crimson with a blush. "'Nough bout me. What are you lot up to?"

"Been swamped with quidditch practices," George answered. "Ginny's ecstatic she got Seeker again this year."

"She's going to kill it."

Fred rolled his eyes playfully. "I'm sure she will. Harry's been giving her all of his best tricks."

"I heard Slytherins been working extra hard this year-they're not planning on taking another defeat from Gryffindor this year," Cedric told us.

I scoffed. "Don't tell me Malfoy is seeker again."

"Nope, he quit."

I stared at Cedric, bewildered.

"He did?"

Cedric nodded.

George snorted. "It makes sense. His daddy bought his place on the team."

I slunk back in my seat. "He may have but Malfoy was a good player. He worked hard."

All three of the boys turned to look at me, their eyes narrowed.

"What's this?" Fred leaned forward on the table, beaming a suspicious smile at me. "Elysia Ambrose is coming to Draco Malfoy's defence?"