chapter 83

FRIGHT PROWLER

FRIGHT PROWLER

Narrator

A week into the New Year, a week being back at Hogwarts and the students were still buzzing off the lingering holiday merriment. The start of a brand new year welcomed new goals and fortitude to meet challenges with good grace and assured buoyancy.

"I can't believe he actually met your parents," Pansy mused. "I still can't get over what a nervous-wreck he was beforehand. In all our years, I have never seen Draco Malfoy so unsure of himself."

Smiling, Elysia leaned back in her seat. She sat in the Slytherin common room with Pansy. "He was wonderful, Pans. My parents adore him already."

Pansy snickered amusedly. "Draco must be elated."

Elysia smiled down at her hands in her laps. She had never felt this giddy before-she almost felt dizzy off the love she was twirling around in. "He was pleased it all went so well."

Pansy's eyes narrowed on her friend, delight swimming around her pupils. She adored seeing her friends this happy. She couldn't help being in awe at the sheer adoration she saw radiating off both Elysia and Draco. "You two really make-anything seem possible."

Elysia lifted her gaze to look at her friend. Her face was blazing. "Don't push it, bubba," she joked.

Pansy shook her head softly. Her gaze displayed her sincerity. "I mean it, Lys. You guys-you just-it's like looking at the two of you together induces hope within everyone-or something." Pansy laughed breathily. "It's been so hard and you've both overcome so much together-yet you make it look so simple."

Elysia laughed quietly. Her eyebrows raised. "It's been anything but simple."

"I know," Pansy said. "Which is why you and Draco make it true-the saying that love conquers all."

Elysia's heart fluttered away. "You're making me all-squeamish. Stop it." Crinkling her nose, Elysia grew timid as she sunk down in her seat.

Pansy laughed adoringly. "I know. My own mushiness is making me squirm."

"You make it sound like we're a fairytale," Elysia mumbled quietly. "I didn't know it was that-vehement, just seeing it as a third person."

Pansy shrugged softly. "It kind of is its own little fairytale, your and Draco's relationship."

Elysia exhaled heavily, her eyes flickering onto the crackling fire. She watched it, felt its heat radiate onto her-and still, she knew nothing could ever be as comforting and warm as Draco. "I can't fathom it either," she said. "Like-you can't imagine this much love could be possible for one sole person to feel."