chapter 39 pt.2

THIRD PERSON POV (DRACO'S PERSPECTIVE)

INWARD DROWNING 2

Draco walked down the hallways, heading from one class to the next. Eyes darting around the corridors, he was always on the lookout for her. Sometimes all he needed was a single glance just to see she was still here. It had become an unconscious act; his eyes searching for hers in a crowd.

He loved her eyes.

He always thought that was the first thing he fell in love with. Her eyes.

Before she had ever opened her mouth to speak to him the day they first arrived at Hogwarts as first years, he had noticed her eyes. Bright blue, vibrant, hard to miss. Like blue fire; he had once learnt blue flames meant complete combustion of the gas-perhaps that was the best way to describe how she had always made him feel. Like he would combust entirely.

She would look at him and he'd be enthralled by the tiny specks of gold in her blue eyes. Like rays of sunshine bouncing off the surface of the water. The boy could drown in her eyes. It didn't even sound like a bad way to go.

And just like every other moment, he had found those eyes as he walked down the corridor. A swarm of students bustling from room to room and there she was-the sole person in the castle who mattered to him.

Things had become so different between the two of them. It hadn't been long since Elysia was rescued. It was just last night when Draco had held her in his arms and spoke a happy memory to help her fall asleep.

He never had a chance to approach her.

Those blues eyes; frantic and panicked.

He watched her dart into the girl's restroom, shoving her way past the students.

His heart instantly fell to the pit of his stomach because he knew something was wrong. It was soul-crushing, perhaps even mentally deteriorating to watch her break apart, to watch her try to hide her pain from all her friends.

But those eyes, were a window to her soul and no matter how many times the words "I'm fine" left Elysia's mouth, her eyes were a dead giveaway. Sometimes Draco couldn't fathom how the others couldn't see it-couldn't see how desperately she was drowning in her very own ocean eyes.

Her eyes are beginning to look dead and the warm light within them is so obviously missing and all he can ever think about is how to get it back. The light in his own eyes is beginning to dim for he is giving all of his light to her, just so she can navigate her way through the darkness that her mind has become.

He had followed her into the bathroom just to see her in the midst of a panic attack. His only thought was to blow up the entire world just to rid anything that could ever hurt her again.

"Hey-hey, you're okay. You're okay." His arms wrapped around her trembling figure, secure in his hold. Her breaths are heavy and it doesn't feel like she's entirely there. "Shh. You're right here. You're safe. Nothing is going to hurt you."

He didn't know how long he held her and let her sob into his chest, hyperventilating and shaking.

Elysia pulled away from the blond when her breathing evened somewhat. "Draco?"

There was absolutely nothing more painful than the sound of that broken voice saying his name. Still, he offers her the faintest of smiles in hopes it'll bring a fraction of comfort. "You're okay. I'm not going anywhere."