chapter 22

SAMAEL HADEON

SAMAEL HADEON

Draco

By the end of the week, the whole of Hogwarts had found out that Elysia was missing-she had been taken. The air felt thicker, making it harder to breathe. The atmosphere was sour and growing more airless each day.

Hushed whispers filled each room, everyone carefully eyeing the Gryffindors who were known to be closest to Elysia. They ignored it, didn't feed into the rumours, and none of them ushered a word that could cause more gossip.

The Marauders were at Hogwarts every day-nobody knew what was going on but everyone could see the tension growing as they huddled in the headmaster's office to come up with some sort of solution to get Elysia back. Sometimes we could hear their muffled yells through the walls.

"What do you want?" The Great Hall fell silent when Hermione's yell sounded through the room. She stuck her wand in a third-years face. "Are you going to magically find all the answers if you keep staring at us? Merlin's beard-leave us the fuck alone and shut up with all your damp squib theories!"

The third-year shrunk back in his seat, frantically nodding his head.

Hermione exhaled deeply as she pulled herself away from him. She glanced around the Great Hall to see everyone staring. "Anything else you lot want?!"

"Shows them right," Pansy muttered quietly. "You have no idea how many times I've been tempted to stun these wankers. They're talking-all the time about what they think happened. They won't shut up about their ridiculous conjectures."

"I don't know how Dumbledore's so adamant on classes continuing, on us acting as if nothing happened." Blaise shook his head wearily. "They won't even tell us anything."

Dumbledore had gathered all the students in the Entrance Hall to make a grand speech about what was going on. There were too many suspicions and rumours going around about Elysia and why all the Marauders were here.

"Quiet down now." Dumbledore stood on the wide marble staircase, McGonagall and Snape on either side of him. "As most of you have gathered, a student of ours has-has gone missing."

Quiet whispers rumbled throughout the crowd.

Dumbledore cleared his throat. "We are doing everything in our power to ensure Elysia Ambrose's safety is in-tact, everything to get her back and sort out this situation. There is no need for panic-we have everything under control. Classes will take place as usual-everything will take place as usual. Go about your days and-"

"Quiet your nonsense chatter about it," Snape added, his voice sharp.

I had to do something.