chapter 37

PURE EMBODIMENT OF THE SUN

I returned to my room much later than curfew, having taken my time to walk through the empty hallways. It was a difficult task seeing as being alone in silence only gave me panic attacks. However, I figured there was no point returning when I knew I wouldn't be getting any sleep.

I can't just take over Draco's room.

He was being unusually kind-which I was grateful for. It made my heart flutter, making me love him all the more than I did already.

But it would be wrong of me to inconvenience his life because of my own trauma.

I hadn't gotten a blink of sleep the past two nights which confirmed that for unknown reasons, I don't think I can sleep without the comforts of Draco Malfoy and his mere presence.

When I got to my room, Draco stood outside leaning against the wall.

"Draco? What are you doing here?"

He pushed himself off the wall. "About time, Ambrose. I see you've found your way to the wrong room."

My eyebrows drew together. "It's... my room. How is that wrong?"

Draco rolled his eyes. "What's the point of returning to your room when you can't sleep in there?"

I blinked. "You were-waiting for me?"

He looked at me tiredly. "Well, yes. I mean-you obviously are afraid to come to me yourself, despite wanting to. You do want to get some sleep, don't you?"

I was slightly bewildered. "How do you know I haven't slept?"

"Because you were falling asleep over the cauldron in potions class. Sleep deprivation shows, Elysia."

My face flushed. "I-well, I just-" I sputtered.

"What?" Draco stepped towards me, his eyes narrowed almost challengingly, like he were willing me to give him my best excuses. He cocked his head to the side when he was standing a mere few inches away from me. "Why do you try to hide it from me?"

"Hide-hide what?" My breath rasped out, my hands starting to spasm.

"Your pain. Your struggling."

My lips parted slightly as I stared at him, entirely flustered. He could see the storms of chaos behind my eyes-no matter how much I tried to conceal them from the world.

Draco sighed. "Come on. Sleep awaits."

Draco didn't give me chance to protest. Placing a hand on my back, he led me through the vacant hallways, to his room.

I sighed as I crawled into his bed. "You don't have to do this."

Draco scoffed as he slipped off his shoes. "No offence, but you look like you've gotten into a head-on duel with a hippogriff." Draco walked towards the other side of his bed. "Did you know sleep deprivation actually puts your physical health at risk?"