chapter 87

TOO FAR GONE

TOO FAR GONE

Narrator

Blaise, Pansy and Luna were the only ones heedful of the events that took place the night before. When Elysia filled the rest of her friends in the next morning during breakfast, she was left with a breakout of yelling-everyone exclaiming and fussing over top of each other.

She glanced at Draco, both of them sighing. They expected this reaction.

"Shut up," Draco grumbled tiredly. When nobody heard him over their own squawking, he tried again, yelling this time. "SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

The table-along with majority of the Great Hall, had all fallen silent.

Draco smiled innocently. "Now that we've gotten the initial recoil out of the way, can we discuss this less like vultures?" He rolled his eyes at the others, shaking his head.

Ginny exhaled deeply through her nose, an indication of her bubbling fury. "I reckon it's about time we stop letting Mara's bullshit slide," she glanced at Enzo. "No offence."

"None taken." Shrugging, he bit into his toast nonchalantly.

"We've let her pandemonium go on far too long," Ginny continued, scowling as she spoke. "I think we can all agree she should have been stopped a long time ago."

"What do we do?" George asked cautiously. "Go tell Headmistress McGonagall?"

"The psycho needs to be mutilated," Fred grumbled under his breath. His eyes then flickered between Draco, Elysia and Enzo. "You lot are okay, right?"

"We're fine," Elysia said but her exhaustion could both be seen all over her face, as well as be heard in her voice. "But the extents she can go to have been alarming since the beginning."

Ginny scoffed, bitter. "Her lists of sins-oh how heads would roll if people knew how devilish she really is. Attempted murder, trying to get Lys to take pills again, using the unforgivable curses."

"Don't forget sexual assault and actual physical abuse." Slinking back in her chair, Elysia pinched the bridge of her nose as her exhaustion wore her down. The dark circles she wore had sunk deep into her skull; in opposition to her pale skin, she thought she looked like a walking corpse.

Everyone fell silent as it sunk in-that this was actually severely fucked up. Why it had taken them this long to resort to proper measures, none of them could fathom.

"I say we fling her off the astronomy tower," Ron grumbled, his mouth full of food. "There's plenty of us compared to one of her. I reckon we'd overpower her."

Harry, who sat at the end of the table, lifted his head. "Have any of you considered-that perhaps if you didn't try to one-up her all the time, she would have eventually given up."