chapter 68

RIPPLES BECOME WAVES

Draco

"Here."

I groaned as I sat up in bed, Blaise handing me a hangover-cure potion. His jaw was set, watching me with a guarded expression as I consumed the potion. It only took minutes to work, my headache starting to diminish.

"What?" I rolled my eyes tiredly at the look on his face.

He crossed his arms over his chest, raising his eyebrows. "Your beds a little empty, isn't it?" He spat. "When's the last time you slept alone?"

I glanced down at my bed-that was indeed emptier than I was used to it being.

Oh. Fuck.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.

FUCK.

Instantly, I shot out of bed and looked at Blaise in a panic. "I fucked up."

Blaise scoffed. "You think?"

I ran a hand down my face, groaning inwardly. The remorse and guilt tore through my entire body painfully as the memories from the previous night flooded back to mind. "Fuck. Blaise, what do I do?"

Blaise shrugged nonchalantly as he took a seat on top of my desk that sat opposite to my bed. "I tried to help you last night and you didn't listen. I told you to shut up."

Continuing to groan, I fell onto the end of my bed. I looked at Blaise with such helplessness in my eyes, as if he would miraculously fix the entire situation for me because I was an utter git at an utter loss.

I'm no stranger to fucking up but this-this takes the first place medal.

"I was drunk."

Blaise laughed dryly. "Bullshit explanation, mate. That doesn't excuse you from the shit you said. Even for you-that was a brand new low that was-honestly, utterly fucking wrong."

"I know," I gritted out. "I'm aware of that, Blaise. Why are you here if you're not going to help me fix it?"

Blaise clicked his tongue, leaning back with such nonchalance that I was growing tempted to punch him in the gut. His composure only stirred more panic within me.

How can he be so calm? Can't he see I'm utterly fucked?

"Well, initially I showed up because I was going to kill you."

I narrowed my eyes in his. "You changed your mind, did you?"

"I see you're beating yourself up enough as is."

I rolled my eyes, dropping my face in my hands, my elbows propped on my knees. "I was drunk and-feelings things I never feel. I don't know what the fuck got into me or where any of it came from. When she went at Mara-I was just so fucking angry. Why the fuck does she have to put herself in those situations?"