chapter 4

MY ENEMY, NO ONE ELSES

I was struggling to get a book off a high shelf in the library when somebody's body pressed against my back, their hand reaching up to grab the book for me.

"Need this?"

I spun around when Draco's voice spoke lowly in my ear. "What the fuck, Malfoy?"

Draco quirked an eyebrow, smirking as he held the book. I was trapped between his body and the bookshelf, my chest pressing against his because of how close he was standing. "Not easy being so short, is it?"

I glared at him, my face growing warmer and warmer. "Since you're so inclined to help, hand it over."

Draco glanced at the book he held above my head, his arm holding the book high in the air. He leaned his face closer to mine. "If you want it, take it." He spoke in a whisper that undesirably made me shiver.

Going on my tippy-toes, I tried to snatch the book from him but he only held it higher. He was far taller than me, making the book further out of reach in his hands than it was on the shelf.

"Sod off, Malfoy!" I shoved his chest but he didn't budge.

Draco swung his other arm around my waist, only pulling me closer to him. He smirked down at me, his eyes glinting. I had no idea what he was doing. "I like it when you're feisty."

I gawked at him, my blood starting to boil. I tried to shove him off me but my strength was no match to his. "What the fuck are you doing, Malfoy!" I was nearly screeching at him.

Draco shoved the book back onto the bookshelf behind me, his now free hand being placed over my mouth. He was leaning his face so close to mine, I could feel his minty breath on my face. "Shh, Ambrose. Don't you know you're meant to keep your voice down in the library?"

I blinked frantically, flustered by everything he was doing. I couldn't speak with his hand over my mouth.

Draco smirked, slowly pulling his hand away. "An obedient one, aren't you?"

My face felt like it had actually been set on fire, burning. My stomach and chest involuntarily swirled, making me want to squirm in his hold. "Move the fuck out of my way, Malfoy." I gritted, wiggling as I tried to get out from against him.

Draco grunted when my body rubbed against his. "Merlin, Ambrose. What are you trying to do?" Momentarily, his face almost looked pained.

I froze, my eyes wide. "Malfoy-"

Draco's eyes darkened. "Comfortable position we've found ourselves in, no?"

I was-

I don't know what I was.