chapter 21

SIXTH SENSE

SIXTH SENSE

Draco

Instinctively, the first thing I did when I stepped into the dining hall each morning was look for her. I didn't want to. It hurt to look at her-knowing how difficult it was to love her without even having her.

My gaze fell upon the table where she always sat. All her friends were there but she was not. She was always the first one at the table. She was the first one awake, sitting there reading a book as she waited for her friends to join her.

"Draco, come on. Let's eat." Pansy shot me an odd look as she grabbed my arm and pulled me along with her.

She hadn't come to breakfast.

It made sense. The Gryffindors held a party last night so surely Elysia was hungover and sleeping in. I knew how much she would always end up drinking with the Weasley's.

"Did-how was the party last night?" I turned my attention towards Pansy who I knew went to the party. She never sat out of a party and where there was Elysia, there was Pansy. The two of them sometimes acted like erotic lovers who made love on the beach every sunrise and sunset. It was nauseating at times.

Pansy shrugged as she stuffed her mouth with cereal. "I left early. I don't think I stayed even an hour."

My eyebrows furrowed. That didn't sound like her at all. "What-you and Ambrose didn't practically make babies on the dancefloor? Your grinding against one other seems to make every gentleman's night."

Pansy rolled her eyes. "Elysia didn't come. Fredrick told me she was tired so she called it an early night."

I stared at her.

What?

Elysia wasn't one to sleep in but it was halfway through breakfast and she still wasn't here.

"What?" Pansy snapped when she looked up to see I was still staring at her. "Merlin-Draco. If you're still missing her this much, stop being a coward and go talk to her already."

"I would do that but she doesn't seem to be here."

Confusion flashed across Pansy's face. She glanced around the Great Hall to confirm for herself that Elysia was not here.

I'm not crazy. It's odd she's not here. Pansy has to be thinking the same thing.

Pansy shrugged again, continuing to eat her cereal. "She probably slept in. Maybe she's studying in the astronomy tower-an angel she is but I can't fathom how much the girl studies. It's ridiculous."

I stayed silent the rest of breakfast.

Elysia wasn't in potions.

She didn't show up to Defence against the Dark Arts.