chapter 76

CHOOSING YOU,FOR ALL OF ETERNITY

CHOOSING YOU,
FOR ALL OF ETERNITY

"It's a little strange, innit?" Sitting beside me in Charms, Ron leaned into my side and spoke quietly to me.

I quirked an eyebrow, pausing writing on my parchment. "What is?"

He nodded his head across the room towards Draco and Enzo who were seated beside each other. Writing their notes and speaking in hushed voices; grins playing on both their faces. Draco laughed quietly at something Enzo had said.

I leaned back in my chair. "Why would it be weird?"

Ron scoffed. "It's Malfoy we're talking about."

Looking at Ron, I narrowed my eyes. "Yes, my boyfriend. Draco. What about him?"

Ron's cheeks reddened as he leaned away from me. Sheepish. "Well-I just meant, he quite disliked Enzo when he first got here."

I shrugged, averting my gaze back to the parchment sitting on my desk. "It's nice that they're friends. Frankly, it wouldn't be terrible if you and Harry decided to drop this... idle hatred you hold for Draco."

Ron's nose crinkled. "I don't hate him."

I laughed flatly. "Yes, you do, Ronald. I'm not even sure why anymore. Harry can't stand when Draco's around."

Frankly, it did bother me that Harry and Ron always seemed to disappear and keep their distances when Draco hung around me and the other Gryffindors more often these days. Him, Blaise and Pansy would often join us-which would result in Harry pettily leaving and Ron following suit. Harry and Ron were my friends-hell, Harry was practically a brother; we'd grown up together since we were wearing diapers. I missed them and wished they could get along with the Slytherins. Everyone else could and it sucked that Harry was so adamant on remaining so stubborn that he couldn't be bothered even trying to get along with the Slytherins.

Grimacing, Ron sank further down in his chair. "You're quite quick to defend Malfoy-considering he bullied you for years. You hated him too, Lys." He glanced at me from the corner of his eye, pausing for a moment. "It's not as though Harry and I can just forget all the nasty things Malfoy has said to us in the past."

Sighing, I glanced over at Draco again. He sat back in his chair with ease, his quill moving a mile a minute as he wrote his notes while simultaneously holding conversation with Enzo. The sight of him was drool-worthy.

"It wasn't bullying," I grumbled quietly. "We were mutually at variance."

Ron snickered disbelieving. "Is that what we're calling it now? Mutual variance."

I rolled my eyes. "I treated him the same way he treated me. That makes me no different than him."

"Whatever," Ron shook his head dismissively. "Doesn't take away the nasty things he said to the rest of us. He still calls me Weaslebee, you know."