chapter 31

THROUGH THE STORM

THROUGH THE STORM

Draco

We all side-along apparated since Hermione and I were the only ones with a clear view of where we needed to go-having seen the location when we broke into Elysia's subconscious.

I stood in the same field, the one I had seen in her memories. Long grass, grey sky-the entire mood and atmosphere being as dreary as the weather.

"This is it." My fists clenched. "This is the place I saw in her memories."

Hermione looked at me.

I nodded.

She inhaled deeply, pulling out her wand. She muttered a quiet incantation, a powerful blue-white bolt of light flying out of her wand and breaking the magical protection.

In the distance, the small wooden cabin appeared.

"Spell yourself," Hermione muttered to me, looking ahead. "Conceal yourself now, we don't know when they'll be here."

I flicked my wand at myself. "Illusionst." When I looked down at my body, or what had been my body, it no longer looked like such. I hadn't become invisible, rather I had just taken the exact colour and texture of the grassy fields, having become a human chameleon.

Cedric, Luna and Neville spread out around the perimeter, scouting out the area where they could see from every side if someone was coming.

The air in front of the lot of us twisted, swirling and breaking right open. Instinctively, all our wands were pulled out. With a sharp crack, multiple figures had appeared, having apparated in front of us.

"Stup-"

"Ronald, no!" Hermione grabbed his hand quickly, stopping him from stunning anyone.

"Mom? Dad?" Potter stepped forward, his eyebrows pulling together.

Sirius and Remus looked over their shoulders, entirely cautious of our surroundings and who may appear at any moment.

In front of us stood Elyisa and Potter's parents, Sirius, Remus, Molly and Arthur Weasley and a few other of their friends-even Snape was here.

"What in the-what is wrong with you imbeciles?" Snape grit his teeth, his eyes scanning the line of students in ready-position to fight.

"What are you doing here?" Fred stepped towards his parents.

Molly swatted the side of his head. "Do you lot have death wishes? Do you have any idea what you're doing?"

"We have a plan, mum." Fred's face flushed as he smiled innocently. "We need to get her back. No offence but you lot were taking a rather long time."