|𝟎𝟎𝟏.|

-------
Bad Dreams - Faouzia

-------❦Bad Dreams - Faouzia❦

-------

D R E A M S.

I always saw dreams as an escape from reality. Because reality can be... let's face it, a bitch.

Dreams often reflect our conscious or unconscious need to avoid something that is happening or will happen in reality
Dreams can also be to get rid of negative thoughts or people.

If you feel unsafe or uneasy in real life then you most likely will dream about escaping a dangerous situation in your dreams. While dreaming you feel paralyzed. You feel like you lost control of your body and this whole dangerous situation.

Let me ask you a question.

Have you ever experienced a 'falling dream?

A falling dream is when you fall into your dream from a high point. People say when you fall into your dream that means an angel lets go of you while escorting you to heaven.

Other people say it's the mind's symbolic way to alert the dreamer from a situation in her waking life where she feels out of control or where things are quite literally going rapidly downhill.

But dreams can also be something good.

Or bad

Nightmares are the worst. Having nightmares makes you feel vulnerable. It makes you feel afraid of sleeping because you don't know what will happen in that dream.

Nightmares are mostly caused by anxiety, depression, and Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Sometimes nightmares seem so vivid and real, that you are terrified to wake up because you are scared that you will face that thing or situation that you dreamed of.

But that's the point in life. You have to face things that scare you so that you can get through life without fearing them anymore.

That's easy said than done. To face your fears you have to take your time out. It's impossible to face them when you feel anxious. You have to distract yourself from the worry. The best way to do that is to do something that you like to do on your own. Maybe a walk around the block. Reading a book. Drinking your favorite cup of tea or coffee.

Breathing through panic is one of the best things that you can do when you're trying to face your fears.

Don't fight it. Let it happen.