|𝟎𝟑𝟓.|

-------
Eastside - Benny Blanco, Halsey, Khalid

-------❦Eastside - Benny Blanco, Halsey, Khalid❦

--------

THE CAR came to a stop at the hill the Axel took me to our first date and when I told him what happened four years ago.

Axel didn't say anything. He just stared out of the window while taking deep breaths. ''I was so close to take out my gun and kill him. So close, Isabella,'' he said with a clenched jaw. He began to hit the steering wheel like a mad man.

I tried to grab his forearm but he pulled away. ''Axel,'' I whispered.

''I was trying so hard not to rip off his head,'' he mumbled. ''How he talked made me wanna kill him in the most painful way ever,'' he continued.

''I had everything pictured in my head. How he would beg and cry for his mercy. I saw red. The only thing I saw was red. I regret not punching him or killing him,'' he began. ''But I didn't because you were there,'' he added.

I lifted my hand and placed it on his arm. I moved it up to the back of his neck and stroked it. I pulled him into a hug and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

''Axel, stop. It wouldn't have changed anything,'' I whispered into his ear.

''Yes, I would have. He would be here to bother you,'' he mumbled into my hair. He pulled me over his lap and tightened the hug.

''Is that the only thing that is bothering you?'' I asked and he shook his head. ''I know his whole past. I know what he did,'' he said and I furrowed my brows. I slightly pulled away from the hug and looked at him.

''What do you mean?'' I asked. He sighed. ''It's doesn't matter. What matters is that you are safe,'' he nuzzled at my neck.

We stayed like that for the next few minutes.

I know Axel only wants to protect me but he can't protect me for my past. He will always be around even when he isn't.

God, I can't even say his name without starting to cry.

''Hey Alessio,'' I greeted Alessio who was sitting in the kitchen eating his sandwich. I told Axel to bring me to my Mom's house after school because I wanted to see her. But when I came here the only person I saw was my little brother.

''Where is Mom?'' I asked and sat down on the stool in front of Alessio.

''She will be right back. She had to go to the Garcia's,'' he said and I raised a brow. ''For what?'' I asked. I know my Mom and Mrs. Garcia are close friends but for what did she had to go to their house?

''I don't know,'' he said and continued eating his sandwich and scrolling through his phone.

''Don't you wanna hang out with your big sister after such a long time?'' I asked and crossed my arms over my chest.