|𝟎𝟐𝟗.|

-------
Minefields - Faouzia & John Legend

-------❦Minefields - Faouzia & John Legend❦

-------

IT'S been two weeks since that day we were at the Warehouse. Axel has been by my side since and was very cautious with me. He always asked me if he could kiss or touch me. I told him he doesn't have to ask me for my consent all the time but he didn't wanna make me feel uncomfortable.

When he told me that he likes me, I felt so happy. I felt so loved.

We haven't heard anything from the Russians since we received the pictures. Axel ripped them apart and burned them so no one could see them.

And Jackie. I didn't talk to her and I tried to ignore her. I told Coach Brown that I didn't wanna practice with her. She of course asked me why. I told her she and I don't have the best history. So, she said she will train her after school and me before school.

I'm right now with everyone at our table at lunch. I haven't talked that much since I sat down because I was so deep in my thoughts.

A soft kiss, on the top of my head, brought me back to reality. ''What are you think?'' Axel whispered into my ear while he had his arm wrapped around my shoulders.

''About what happened the past few weeks,'' I said

''Don't stress yourself about it. Focus on other stuff, like the application for the Nationals that is in three months,'' he whispered and tucked my hair behind my ear. ''Even though I know you'll win it,'' he chuckled and I smiled.

''Thank you,'' I whispered and he nodded with a smile.

''Ella?''

I got stiff and my eyes widened. No one except her called me like that. I saw Axel and everyone else turned their heads towards her.

''Who do you think you are for showing up like that?'' Aaliyah yelled while standing up.

''Aaliyah don't,'' I said and stopped her. She scoffed in annoyance and sat back down. I slowly turned around.

''What do you want?'' I asked monotonously.

She took a deep breath. ''Can we talk?'' she asked. I turned my head towards Axel and he gave me a small smile. I sighed and stood up.

I followed her a little bit away from the others.

''Is he your boyfriend?'' she asked me once we stopped walking. ''What do you want?'' I asked again.

''First of all, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what happened. I was a terrible friend,'' she mumbled and took a step closer to me. I backed away. ''Don't,'' I said and she took a step back.

''Ella, I-'' I cut her off. ''Don't call me that,'' I said and she nodded.

''Isabella, I'm sorry. I really am. I saw what kind of monster my brother is. He tried to do the same thing to Rebecca,'' she said.

''So, you believe Rebecca more than me?'' I mumbled.

''I know what I did was wrong but you have to see it from my point of view. That was my brother. Well, half brother but still. And you have to understand me too. I was also mistreated by everyone. So, I know how you feel,'' she explained.

''Your point of view? Did you wanna be in my point of view that night? Did you wanna get raped? Did you wanna feel useless? Did you wanna feel dirty? Huh? Did you? And don't tell me you got mistreated. No one even touched you. You will never understand me, Jackie. Never,'' I yelled and every time I took a step closer to her.

''You have no idea how I felt. I was getting bullied for nothing. I was getting slapped and punched for nothing. Did you wanna feel that way? No, so don't tell me I should see your point of view when you don't have an idea how my point of view was!'' I yelled.

I could look at her anymore so I walked away. I just wanted to be far away from her and everyone else. I walked into the rink and sat on the empty seat for viewers. I sat there trying to not cry. But I failed miserably.

How dare she say she know how I feel? She doesn't know anything!

''Hey, shh. I'm here,'' Axel whispered into my ear. He pulled me closer to him and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped them around my waist.

''Do you wanna talk about it?'' he whispered.

''She told me that she's sorry and that I should understand her too. She was mistreated too. I yelled at her. I told her she'll never understand me and that she doesn't know how I feel,''

''She said I should see her point of view and see what she has been through,'' I cried. He stroked my back with his hand and kissed the top of my head.

''Listen, no one will ever understand what you've been through. No one,'' he said.

''But what I do know is that you are the strongest woman I've ever met. You are the most beautiful girl I've ever met. You are wonderful, cute, beautiful, gorgeous, intelligent and most importantly you're my Isabella. The Isabella I like and don't want to lose,'' he pulled away from the hug and cupped my face. He looked at me and wiped away the tears.

''No one deserves your tears, not even I,'' he whispered. He smiled while leaned down and placing his lips on mine.

I moved my hands to his neck and deepened the kiss while he wrapped his arms around my waist. Every time he would move his lips with mine in sync, I felt butterflies in my stomach. I never had this feeling before. No one ever let me feel this loved and safe at the same time.

''Will you be my girlfriend?''

I pulled away from the kiss and stared up at him with widened eyes.

''What?'' I asked while whispering. He chuckled.

''Do you wanna be my girlfriend?'' he asked again with a big smile on his face.

''I- But- Why?'' I asked.

''What do you mean why? I want you to be my girlfriend. I want you to be in my life,'' he said and leaned forward and placed his forehead on mine.

''No, but why me? There are so many more beautiful girls out there who aren't messed up like me,'' I said. He cupped my face into his hands.

''I don't care about other girls. I want you. I want you to be my girlfriend because I like you. There are no beautiful girls because the only girl who is beautiful is you. I never felt so many emotions for anyone except for you. I really really like you, Bella. And I want you to be mine. I want everyone to know that you're mine,'' he said and looked at my eyes.

''So, again...''

''Will you be my girlfriend?'' he asked.

''I'd love to be your girlfriend,'' I smiled and his smile grew even wider.

''Good, because I wouldn't accept a no,'' he smirked and I giggled.

He placed his lips on mine and we kissed for the rest of our lunchtime.

Vote & Comment🖤
I already have a few Chapters written I just need to publish them. I will finish them quickly and publish all of them at once✌️😗✌️