𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 6: 𝐾𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑡𝑒

I woke up early to my phone ringing.

Who the hell is calling at this hour?

I roll over to pick up my phone. The bright light from the lit screen hurt my eyes. I squinted to read Miguel's name calling me. I let out a tired groan but answer it.

"Miguel! Why are you calling to early?" I asked with a tired voice. "Y/n... it's 9 o' clock in the morning..."

There was a pause.

"Ok... and your point is?" I asked. Lets just say, I'm not too much of a morning person. Miguel chuckled in the background. "You're ridiculous
y/n/n." He said, still laughing. "Yeah, yeah. I know, I know." I said, slightly sitting up in my bed.

"Anyways, do you have any plans today?" Miguel asked. "Hmm. My plan was to sleep, but you already ruined that, sooo..." I said, a smile growing on my face. "I'll take that as a no, then!" Miguel said happily. "What's up Miguel?" I asked him.

"So... I started taking Karate classes." He said. "What? Really? I thought you'd be too weak!" I said, joking with him. "Wow. You're so mean!" He said with a voice of offense. "Yeah, I love you too Miguel!" I said. "Y/n! Just listen! Ok, so I started Karate. And I was wondering... if you would want to join me too!" He said with hope in his voice.

"Oh for real?" I asked. "Yeah! My sensei is a really good guy too, I think you'd like him." Miguel said. "Oh yeah? Fine. I'll go." There was a long pause of silence.

"Oh! You mean now?" I asked. "Yeah! When else would I mean?!" Miguel said. "But it's so earlyyyyy!" I complained. "I'll meet you outside in half an hour." Miguel said before he hung up.

I put my phone down and rolled out of bed. I went to the bathroom and freshened up. Then I went back to my room to figure out something to wear. "What do I even wear?" I asked myself out loud.

I rummaged through my closet. I finally decided on leggings, a Queen band t-shirt, and tennis shoes. I brushed my hair and styled it in a way it would stay out of my face. It was about time to leave, so I gathered my other extra things and made my way out the door.

I closed the front door to see Miguel sitting on a half-wall on his phone. "Alright! You got me up this early, so let's go before I fall asleep again." I said. He stood up and started walking. "Where are we going?" I asked, jogging to catch up to him. "My dojo. Don't worry, it's not that far."

As we walked there, we talked about random things like 'Is cereal a soup?' and 'Is a hotdog a sandwich?'. Obviously cereal is a soup and as for the hotdog thing... I couldn't decide.

We finally arrived to a strip mall not too far from our apartment complex. "Here it is!" He said, gesturing to it with his hands like a game show host. "This is it....?" I asked with a dull voice. "Oh shut up! Lets go." Miguel said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me in.

The inside was sort of bare, except for a punching dummy, some mats on the floor, and some painted-on words on the wall. There was also a blond haired, sort of older man punching the punching dummy.

"Hey sensei. This is y/n. She wants to join." He said, looking between me and the man. He stopped punching the dummy and looked at us. "A girl? In Cobra Kai? Hah, that's funny." He said with a chuckle as he started punching the dummy again. Me and Miguel stood in silence, staring at him. "Oh you're serious?" He said.

"Of course I am!" Miguel said. "Listen, there's no girls in Cobra Kai." He stated firmly to Miguel. "What? Why?" He asked. "For the same reason there aren't girls in the army." He said. I felt a look of confusion appear on my face.