𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 57: 𝐶𝑎𝑡𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝐾𝑜𝑖

"Dude, you spilled a glass of wine. So what?"

Miguel was telling us all about his dinner with the LaRussos, while the rest of the Eagle Fangs stretched outside of the Miyagi-Do dojo.

"I don't know, man. You should've heard the way Mr. LaRusso was talking about Sam's future." Miguel shrugged as he stood in place. "I can't even afford a car, let alone college. What if they think I'm not good enough?" He added.

"Miguel, don't say that." I demanded as I stopped stretching. "You're the best out of all of us! No one can do it like you!" I encouraged.

"Metaphorically speaking, of course. I've always been the best fighter..." I smirked, flexing my muscles. Miguel tilted his head towards me and shook it playfully.

"No, but in all seriousness, you're amazing, Miggy." I assured.

"Yeah! You're El Serpiente. You're an All Valley champion. Just show Mr. LaRusso what you're made of. You're gonna crush whatever he throws at us today." Eli encouraged from beside me. I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, compared to Sensei Lawrence's training, today's gonna be vacation." Penis Breath chuckled.
We all smiled at his statement.

"Who's going on vacation?" Mr. LaRusso spoke unexpectedly from behind us. Everyone turned to look towards him. "Uh, no one!" I replied quickly.

"What have you got for us today, Mr. LaRusso?" Miguel asked. "Come here." Mr. LaRusso waved for us to follow him as he started walking. Everyone started following him.

"Now, I know you've been taught to strike first." Mr. LaRusso spoke as we all walked. "But, what do you do when your opponent is faster than you?" Mr. LaRusso asked, stopping in front of a koi pond. He turned and looked over us all.

"Are those real koi?" I asked, pointing. "They sure are." Mr. LaRusso answered. Everyone let out sounds of wonder as they watched the koi swim in the pond.

I leaned over to Eli and pointed at a bright red fish in the pond. "That one looks like you." I whispered. He smiled and narrowed his eyes at me, shoving me with his elbow.

"Todays lesson is simple." Mr. LaRusso announced. "Catch a fish. But since I know you Eagle Fangs like a bit of competition, we're gonna make it interesting."

I raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "So the first to succeed will have the honor..." Mr. LaRusso continued. We all waited excitedly to hear the prize. "of leading class all week." Mr. LaRusso announced.

No one was excited for it. Eli and I looked at each other with grimaces on our faces.

"And you get to pick out what flavor Gatorade I buy next." Mr. LaRusso added loudly. This, made everyone happy again. "Aw, hell yeah! Hope you all like Glacial Freeze." Penis Breath said excitedly.

"Okay, where are the rods?" Miguel asked.

"Back in my garage. Your bare hands are all you'll use and all you'll need." Mr. LaRusso explained, raising his hands. We all stood quiet, some of us looking down at our hands.

"On your mark." Mr. LaRusso started, stepping away from the pond. "Get set." He continued, as we all rolled up our sleeves. "Go!" The man exclaimed, causing all the Eagle Fangs to run and find a spot around the pond.

We all started trying to catch the fish. First, we would wait for a fish to swim close to us. Then, we would quickly jerk our hand in the water and try to grab the fish.

I tried to grab a fish, but ended up making a big splash, sending water flying towers my face. I groaned and used my shirt to dry my face a bit.

"Excuse me," Eli said from beside me. "Could you maybe not splash me? You're gonna ruin my hair." He asked playfully, pretending to throw his hair back.