𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 39: 𝐽𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑦

The night I kissed Miguel, I decided to go home earlier than I usually do, so I didn't have to face the awkwardness that was bound to form between Miguel and I.

I sat in my bed all night thinking about it. Thinking about how Miguel probably regrets the kiss. Thinking about how awkward it's gonna be to see him again. Thinking about how this might even break our friendship!

Maybe I'm overthinking.

It's just that, I love Miguel with all my heart, but just not like that. I would die for him. I would sell my soul for him. And to think, I could have ruined our whole relationship by giving in to temptation?

I'll go and talk to Miguel again tomorrow, but for now, I'm going to try to get some sleep, and hope Miguel doesn't absolutely hate me.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

I arrived at the hospital the next day, nervous as could be. I brought Miguel some food from a local diner we love, called Sally's, in hopes it'll make the incoming conversation easier.

I entered the elevator and went up to Miguel's floor. I walked down the hall, and towards Miguel's room. When I arrived, I stopped outside and took a deep breath.

Just go in.

It's Miguel, your best friend.

He's still the same person he was before... right?

I shook my head a little, before I walked into the room. Luckily, he was alone. His head tilted towards me, and his eyes widened slightly. We stared at each other quietly for a moment, before I held up the to-go box in my hands.

"I went to Sally's, and I got you you're favorite." I stated, with a hopeful voice, breaking the silence. A smile grew on his face, as he sat up in his bed. I smiled as well, and walked forward. I placed the box on the tray in from of him, and pulled up a chair next to his bed.

"Thanks, y/n. I've been dying for this everyday since I've been in here." He smiled, as he started to dig into his food. I laughed and responded, "Going to Sally's without you doesn't feel the same." We both gave a small chuckle.

"Hopefully I'll be out of here soon. Oh, I have some good news, and some bad news. Which do you want first?" He asked. "Hmmm... bad news. Lets get it over with." I responded. "Actually, it'll probably make more sense to tell you the good news first..."

"Well, good news first then."

"Ok, so, there's this super famous and well-known doctor from out of state, who has agreed to preform a surgery on my legs. People say she works miracles!" Miguel explained. I gasped. "Oh my god, Miguel! That's amazing!"

I stood up and gave him a big hug, before sitting down again. "Oh no, but there's still bad news..." I said, getting kinda nervous. Miguel's smile faded from his face. "The surgery costs a lot of money, which means my family will be in some debt..."

"Oh, Miguel. I'm sure we can work something out. Maybe we can give you guys some money... or maybe I'll get a job, and give my earnings to-"

"No, y/n. You don't have to do that. There's a chance that the surgery might not even work... I don't want your money to go to waste..." Miguel responded sadly. My heart broke slightly for the boy. "Miguel, look at me." I said, reaching over and putting my hand under his chin.

"Nothing goes to waste when it's for you. You've done so much for me. You've always been there when I need you. I'll do anything to make sure that you're ok." I said, giving him a reassuring smile. He grabbed my hand and moved it to his cheek. Then he leaned his head on my hand.