𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 78: 𝑆𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑠ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑚𝑎

I parked my car outside of Splasharama, still without a single word spoken throughout the whole drive.

Robby got out of the car before anyone else, muttering a quick and quiet thank you. He started straight for the entrance.

Miguel, Eli, and I got out of the car next.

"What the hell was that?" Eli asked, taking a quick glance at Robby. "It was Sensei-" I started to answer, but Miguel finished my sentence. "He made Y/n drive him here with us..." Miguel said.

"Why would he do that?" Eli asked again. Miguel and I both shrugged our shoulders. Then, all three of us began walking towards the water park entrance.

We payed admission, then took a quick look around for the rest of our group. The park was full of people. Tons of kids splashed around, the lazy river was full, and there were long lines to go down the slides.

"Look, there's Sam," I said, pointing in her direction. Eli and I began walking over there, but after a few steps I noticed Miguel wasn't with us. I paused and looked back. He was still standing in the same spot.

Miguel had told me about what happened between him and Sam. She decided to take a break from both karate and relationships. He cried when he told me. He cares for Sam immensely. I wish I could make this easier for him.

I walked back to Miguel. "Will you be alright?" I asked. Miguel smiled sadly. "Yeah. Yeah, of course. We're still friends. It should be fine..." he answered.

"It will be fine. You got this."

We continued walking towards Sam. Moon and Yasmine were there as well. They all sat in pool chairs with their towels underneath them.

"Hey guys!" I exclaimed. Sam and Yasmine greeted me from their chairs, while Moon stood up with a grin on her face. "Hiii Y/n!" she said sweetly, pulling me in for a hug.

Being with Moon somehow makes anyone feel happy. She just has that affect on people. And by people, I mean everyone. I don't think a single person actually dislikes her; and for good reason.

Sam and the girls saved us seats as well, all of them sitting in a row. There was an empty chair, then Sam, Yasmine, Moon, and then two more empty chairs.

I claimed the spot next to Moon, and Eli claimed the spot on the end, next to me. That left one, last chair for Miguel, which happened to be next to Sam...

Miguel walked over there awkwardly. "Uhm, hey, how you doing, Sam?" Miguel asked. Sam put the book she was reading down in her lap. "I'm uh, yeah. I mean, I'm... I'm good. Good. And how about you?"

I watched the awkward interaction with a slight cringe on my face. Everyone else watched in silence too.

"I'm cool. I'm good. Yeah," Miguel answered, before pointing to the empty seat next to Sam. "Uh, is anyone..."

"Yeah," Sam responded. "I mean... I mean, no, but... I... yeah, you can... you can go ahead," Sam stuttered. Miguel gave a small nod. "Alright," Miguel said, finally sitting in the pool chair.

No one said a word. We all looked between each other. "Am I alive?" Yasmine asked us. "Or did I just die of embarrassment and this is my hell?"

I just winced slightly, while Eli shrugged his shoulders.

I stood up and began taking off the clothing I put on over my bathing suit. I noticed Eli's eyes on me, which caused a smirk to grow on my face.

I took off my shorts and put them to the side. I began taking off my shirt, pulling it over my head, when I felt hands grab onto my waist suddenly. Eli muttered something under his breath.