𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 37: 𝐻𝑒'𝑠 𝐵𝑎𝑐𝑘

☞ ︎HAWK'S POV ☜︎

"I wish I had never met you, Eli Moskowitz."

That's when my vision started to blur. No matter how hard I tried, the tears I was containing made their way to the surface.

I never thought I'd ever hear those words come from her mouth. Or, at least I hoped they wouldn't.

Something inside me knew she was too good for me all along. I just always hoped I wouldn't slip up. That I wouldn't mess up the connection between us. But, I broke it...

I broke us...

I instantly regretted my words.

It wasn't true, what I said. It was far from the truth, actually. It was me. I was the problem. I knew if I told her that, she'd probably try to cheer me up, and tell me I'm not a problem. Like the many times she had before.

I needed her to leave. I needed her to be safe. As long as she's around me, she'll keep getting hurt. And I can't let that happen. Not again.

Y/n pushed past me and left school. I stood in place as I watched her leave. I remembered the good times we had together.

But those times, were officially over.

I eventually tore my eyes from the doors and looked towards the students that crowded around on all sides.

"Show's over." I yelled, before leaving the scene.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

I stormed into my empty house, and slammed the door behind me. I threw my backpack to the floor, and ran up to my room as fast as I could.

And that's where it happened. I completely
broke down.

I've never cried like this, or felt this much emotion before. The many nights I sobbed about the people tormenting me about my lip were nothing compared to this.

Tears were flooding out of my eyes like a never ending downpour. My face was red. My palms were threatening to spill blood because of how hard I was clenching my fists.

Then I started to completely destroy my room.

I ripped the posters down from my walls. I threw books across the room. I kicked my bed frame. I ripped up papers. I pushed everything off my dresser. I punched the walls. I picked up picture frames and started to throw them across the room, when one of them caught my eye.

My body calmed when I looked at it. I felt warmth take over my body for just a moment. I picked up the photo that sat in its frame, and took a closer look at it.

The picture was a picture of y/n and I. We were smiling and laughing as she kissed my cheek. I'm pretty sure Miguel took this picture. I smiled at the memory of that night.

But the moment of warmth faded, as sadness and anger washed over me again.

I clenched onto the photo frame hard and angrily, before I threw it across the room, without thinking.

The sound of the picture frame glass chattering made me instantly regret it. I ran over to the photo frame. Glass was scattered all around the floor in the area.