𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 55: 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑊𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐵𝑜𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒

"Sensei and Mr. LaRusso have been teaching each other? And they're both still alive?!"

Miguel just told me that Mr. LaRusso and Sensei have been teaching each other their own ways of karate. I'm surprised they're both still in one piece!

"That's what Sensei told me!" Miguel said as we walked down the school hallway together. "That's insane! I need to see it to believe it!" I exclaimed.

Just then, Sam jogged up to us. Her pace slowed as she started walking at the same pace as us. "Hey guys!" She smiled. Miguel and I greeted her.

"Mind if I steal Miguel?" Sam asked me. I looked between them and raised my eyebrows, a side smile also on my face. "Oh- Uh, yeah! He's all yours!" I said.

We all stopped walking for a moment. They thanked me before walking down a different hallway, hand in hand. I stood standing in the hallway for a moment, watching them walk away, before I heard someone call my name.

I turned around and saw Eli down the hall. We both smiled once we noticed each other. We started to make our way towards each other, before the school bell rang, signaling the start of our next class. We both looked up at the sound.

We looked at each other again. I raised my shoulders and pointed behind me, signaling that I had to get to class. He gave an understanding nod and mouthed, 'yeah'.

"I'll see you at the dojo!" I said across the hallway. "You bet!" He said back, before we both turned around and headed down different hallways.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

"Woah! Holy shit!" I yelled.

All the students just arrived at the dojo and saw the completed sparring deck for the first time. Everyone was letting out sounds of amazement.

"I can't believe they pulled it off!" Miguel exclaimed.

Everyone started to cheer and high five each other, before we all heard someone yell, "QUIET!"

We all looked over to the deck to see Sensei and Mr. LaRusso standing next to each other. "Everybody," Mr. LaRusso spoke. "Fall in!" Sensei finished his sentence. Everyone put their bags down and got into two lines in front of the sparring deck.

"We're sorry about canceling class. But as you can see," Mr. LaRusso held his arms out. "it was for a good reason." He continued. "Thanks again to Eli for this idea." Mr. LaRusso added.

I looked over to Eli, who was standing next to me with a proud smile. I nudged his arm with my elbow. "Good job." I whispered to him with a smile. He chuckled and looked down to the ground.
I noticed a slight pink rink rise to his cheeks. I smirked at the sight.

"Because of our new addition, we will be doing some sparring today!" Sensei announced. Everyone nodded lightly. "Diaz! Up here, with me! We'll start!" Sensei yelled. Miguel went on the deck as Mr. LaRusso stepped off.

All the students sparred with their corresponding Sensei first. After Demitri finished sparring with Mr. LaRusso, Demitri walked back to his place.
"Y/n!" Mr. LaRusso called. "Up here! Let's go!"

Everyone looked over to me. I stood and hesitated for a second. "Cool it, LaRusso! She's my student!" Sensei yelled, walking up and shoving Mr. LaRusso off the deck.

Sensei waved me over. I bowed quickly and walked up while everyone still had their eyes on me. Sensei and I started sparring, and I hoped everyone would forget the awkward event that just took place.

After sparring with the senseis, students started to spar with other students. I sparred with Bert, I won. I sparred with Eli, and I won, but just barely. I sparred with Miguel and, well, that one was a tie. I'm proud to admit that my skills are catching up to Miguel's.