𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 20: 𝐽𝑜ℎ𝑛𝑛𝑦'𝑠 𝑆𝑜𝑛

Vote Vote Vote
Vote Vote
Vote
♡︎

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

Pigeon:

Pigeon: Hey, I'm on my way.

Me: Ok! :)

Pigeon: Be ready!

Me: 👍

Pigeon: Oh, and bring a bathing suit!

It was time for the date Eli planned for us. I wore a bathing suit, under a pair of workout shorts and a graphic tee-shirt. I was scrolling through Instagram on my phone, when I heard a honk from outside. I jumped out of bed and slid my shoes on.

I walked through my apartment, saying goodbye to my Uncle on the way. To which he replied, "Use protection!"

I rolled my eyes and left the apartment, making my way to Eli's car. I opened the door and sat in the passengers seat. "Nice wheels babe!" I said, referring to his new car.

"Thanks, my parents got it for me." He smiled, rubbing the steering wheel. "Do you know how many more dates we can go on now?!" He added excitedly. I nodded and laughed as he started driving again.

After a couple minutes, we arrived at our destination.

The beach.

It was later in the day, so there weren't that many people on the beach. We basically had the whole thing to ourselves. I stepped out of the car and felt a chilly breeze blow through my hair. The smell of the fresh air put a smile on my face.

Eli and I met at the front of the car, before we intertwined our hands. He ran and pulled me along to get to the sea shore.

"So, are you ready?" He asked, rubbing his hands together. "For what?" I asked. "Our new annual Sandcastle building competition!" He said, as if it was an obvious thing. "A sandcastle building competition?" I chuckled.

"Yeah! What, are you scared?" He asked, going to his knees as he started to gather clumps of sand. "Um, of course not!" I said, kneeling down and gathering sand for myself as well.

I looked around at the messy clumps of damp sand, with confusion written on my face. I looked over to Eli's castle, which looked fucking amazing! My jaw dropped. I looked between his and mine, comparing them.

Eli noticed this and smiled. "Having trouble?" He asked, amused. "Uh... No, of course not. I know EXACTLY what I'm doing...." I said, trying to sound sure. I looked at my castle for a moment again, causing a disgusted look to grow on my face.

"Come here. Let the pro teach you how to do this." He said, waving me over to his castle. I rolled my eyes and smiled, and I crawled through the sand, closer to his castle.

"So, what you want to do first, is find the perfect type of sand. Don't use dry sand, because it won't stand. Don't use wet sand, because it also won't stand. The trick is, to use damp sand, so it's able to stand strong when you start to build on top of it." He said, pointing around his castle.

I looked at him with a look of surprise and confusion on my face. "... How the hell do you know all of this...?" I asked, astonished. "Uh.. Well... Um... I-" He started looked for the right words. "You're such a nerd!" I said, laughing. "No I'm not! I'm just a man that's interested in sand!" He said, trying to defend himself.