𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 25: 𝐴𝑛𝑠𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑠

Burpees;

The burpee, a squat thrust with an additional stand between reps, is a full body exercise used in strength training.

71... 72... 73...

I counted silently in my head. Everyone was lined up and doing burpees upon burpees, one of the hardest exercises. Everyone was breathing heavily out of their mouths.

"So, I'm gonna ask you again. Who trashed Miyagi-Do?" Sensei yelled.

He had us doing endless burpees and other hard exercises, in hopes that whoever trashed
Miyagi-Do would come forward.

I figured out pretty quickly who did it. It was obvious. But I wasn't gonna rat him out, oh no.
He had to own up to his mistakes himself. I know Eli wasn't the only person to do it, but it was his idea, and he led the other students there to help.

"Sensei, we really don't know who did it." Miguel breathed out quickly, before continuing with his burpees. "Somebody knows something. Question is... who's gonna break?" Kreese stated, standing as he usually did; his arms crossed in front of his chest and a stern look on his face.

Sensei's phone started ringing in his office. He looked into his office for a moment. "Keep going. We can do this all day." Sensei yelled, before going to answer the phone.

Kreese continued to look over all of us, as if he's the most important person in the world. The students' burpees were starting to get slower and slower, because of how tired we all were. Eventually, Assface stopped doing his workouts, and walked up to Sensei Kreese.

"Sensei, we need a water break." He breathed out tiredly. Kreese looked over us as he decided. "Two-minute break!" He yelled, making everyone let out sighs of relief as we helped each other stand up. People let out groans of pain and exhaustion.

"Get your bearings." Kreese added as we slowly walked over to get water. I rummaged through my bag, only to realize I forgot my water on the kitchen counter at my apartment.

"Damn it..." I whispered to myself. "Need some water?" A voice asked from beside me. I looked up, and was met with a familiar, charming face. A charming face that was darkened by a black eye.

It was Eli.

I thought for a moment about whether I should drink some of his water. "Thanks." I said, grabbing the water from his hand. "Anything for you." He said quietly, before looking downwards. I took a swig of his water.

"You should tell him." I spoke out, making Eli direct his attention towards me. He was about to say something, but I cut him off. "It's the right thing to do, Hawk. Remember what I said." I continued. He stared into my eyes for a moment, before nodding his head slightly and walking over to Kreese.

I didn't follow him, so I couldn't hear what he was saying. He and Kreese talked for a short minute, before Eli bowed and walked back over to me. I held out his water for him to take, as I gave him a small nod. He took it, and gave my an uneasy smile in return.

"Listen up!" Sensei Lawrence yelled, grabbing everyone's attention. "Sensei Kreese is going to be taking over. I've got to go take care of things. Listen to what he says, or you're off the team." He announced, before leaving the dojo.

"Alright everyone. You heard him. Everyone into the back room. Now!" He yelled, making everyone hurry into the room.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

A couple hours have passed, and we're still doing workouts. We've had a couple small breaks here and there, but we were all still exhausted.

Some kids were doing push-ups, some kids were doing exercises with ropes (myself included), some were lifting weights, and the rest were doing other things around the room. My arms quickly got more tired as I continuously hit the heavy ropes against the mats in the back room.