𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 56: 𝐸𝑠𝑐𝑎𝑝𝑒 𝑃𝑙𝑎𝑛

☞︎ THIRD-PERSON POV ☜︎

Mrs. Moskowitz then grabbed y/n's hand and pulled her into the kitchen.

"Is your uncle home? Let's invite him over too!" Mrs. Moskowitz said. "No, he's probably still working. Besides, he's usually too tired to do anything after work." Y/n chuckled lightly, and so did Eli's mother.

"I feel that." She said, pulling out a pan from the oven. "Speaking of work, my husband should be home from work any minute now."

Mrs. Moskowitz took a stack of plates from out of the cabinet and turned towards y/n. "Honey, do you mind setting these on the table for me?" She asked, holding out the stack towards y/n. "I don't mind at all!" She responded.

"Oh, wait!" Mrs. Moskowitz exclaimed. She jogged over and grabbed the appropriate silverware for the meal. "Bring these over too?" She asked, placing them on top of the stack of plates. Y/n nodded, before walking over to start setting the dining table.

While the ladies were setting up for dinner downstairs, Eli was upstairs getting ready for dinner.

Eli had taken his shower, washing the sweat and stink he acquired from practice today. Now he was in his room getting dressed. Except... he couldn't decide what to wear.

He's tried on 5 different shirts, 3 different pairs of pants... He would look at the clothes on himself for a few seconds, before deciding it didn't look good.

"Come on, Eli! It's just dinner!" Eli spoke to himself quietly. He pulled off his shirt and put a new one on again. He shook his head and pulled it off again.

"Just wear what you usually wear!" He said to himself again. He looked into his closet, his eyes scanning over all his clothes. "What do I usually wear?"

He took out another shirt and pulled it on over his head. He looked in the mirror for a moment, before letting out a quiet groan. He didn't want to let anyone know about the dilemma he's having while trying to find something to wear.

"This shouldn't be this hard!" He frustratedly whispered. He wouldn't admit it out loud, but he knew why he couldn't decide on an outfit. It was because she was there. He wanted to impress her.

"Eh, fuck it." He said, walking to the door, leaving on the last shirt he put on. He opened his door and took one step out, before stopping in his place. He stood there for a moment, thinking, before he ran over to his dresser and changed his shirt one last time. Then, he finally made his way to the kitchen.

Y/n and Mrs. Moskowitz finished setting the table for dinner. Mr. Moskowitz had arrived home from work about 10 minutes ago. Now, the three of them were sitting at the dinner table, waiting for Eli.

☞︎ Y/N'S POV ☜

"My goodness, where is this boy..." Mrs. Moskowitz wondered, before Eli turned the corner into the dining room. "Well thanks for deciding to finally join us." Mrs. Moskowitz said to Eli.

"Sorry! Sorry!" He exclaimed, sliding into the available seat next to me. "What took you so long?" His mother asked. "I was, uh..." he hesitated to find the right words.

"Well I was..." he looked at me for a quick moment. Everyone had their eyes on him, waiting to hear his explanation. It was silent at the table for a moment, before Eli spoke up again.