𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 67: 𝐶𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎 𝑅𝑖𝑓𝑡

"He called me Robby..." Miguel's voice cracked.

Miguel's hands covered his eyes as he cried.

I lightly put my hands over my mouth in shock.

Miguel told me that he found Sensei on the floor of Sensei's apartment, drunk. Miguel was helping him up and bringing him to his bed, when Sensei started talking about how he wants to be a good father to Miguel. But then... Sensei called him Robby.

More sobs left Miguel's mouth. "Oh Miguel..." I wrapped my arms around Miguel and pulled him closer to me in embrace.

"I really thought that maybe... maybe I'd finally have a dad..." Miguel said quietly.

"Miguel... I know for a fact that Sensei meant all those words he said. He wants to be a good father to you!" I told Miguel. "No he doesn't..." Miguel cried softly.

"Yes he does!" I protested. Miguel turned his head towards me quickly. "How would you know?" He yelled. Miguel breathed heavily.

"Robby was right... Sensei just feels bad about screwing up with him." He added, quieter again.

"Miguel, you better not actually believe that. Haven't you seen what Sensei has done for you since you've known him? Has he ever put you on the wrong path? No!" I shook my head. Miguel continued to look at me while I spoke.

"Sure, some paths have had a couple rocks and bumps, but you're stronger because of them!" I continued. "Besides, just because he might want to have a better relationship with Robby doesn't mean he doesn't want one with you anymore!"

Miguel sat silent, still watching. "He might not say it, but Sensei loves you, Miguel." I told him. "Being your father, would be such a-"

My sentence cut off when I noticed Miguel leaning closer to me.

My eyes widened and my heart was beating out of my chest. I thought about the first time we kissed. It was at the hospital while he was hurt.

But then I thought about Eli.

There's no way I could do this to him.

Miguel's lips were about it to touch mine, when I put my hands out and pushed Miguel back, putting space between us again. He looked as if he hadn't realized what he had done. After a few seconds, his eyes grew wide too.

I quickly stood up from my bed and turned my back towards Miguel. "Y/n..." He said, standing up from my bed too. I shook my head. "Y/n, I-"

"No, Miguel!" I yelled, turning back towards him. "No! You cannot go around kissing me every time you cry. That doesn't make it acceptable!"

"I know that." Miguel stuttered. "I just-"

"We are both dating people, Miguel. Don't you realize that would hurt more than just us? It would hurt Sam and Eli too! I love Eli!" I continued to yell.

"Don't you see what that could've done?" I asked.

"Of course I see! You think I don't?" He spoke loudly. "Then why'd you try to kiss me?!" I held my hands out.

"I don't know, I don't know! I don't know why I did it! Don't you think I'd tell you if I knew?!" He yelled, running his hands through his hair. "That makes no sense!" I yelled back.

Just then, my bedroom door swung open. Uncle Bucky stood in the doorway, his eyebrows furrowed. "What the hell is going on here?" He asked.

"Nothing." I replied, walking over to Miguel. I grabbed his arm and pulled him out of my room and towards the front door. I opened it and pulled Miguel out.