𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 42: 𝐷𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑁𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

Don't forget to vote for this chapter!
Thank you so much for all your love and support!
<3

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

I left Miguel's hospital room and walked down the hallway.

Miguel and I never used to fight. But I think this whole situation and being in this hospital has put everyone on edge.

I instantly felt bad after what I said to Miguel... The truth is, he is the best friend I've ever had. He has always been there for me, no matter what. And for me to say all those rude things to him... I was way out of line.

I decided I needed some fresh air.

I walked towards the elevator and pushed the down button. I stood there, waiting for the elevator, when I heard someone call my name from behind me. I turned to see someone coming.

His brown curls bounced as he jogged towards me.

"Henry, hey!" I smiled at him. He stood in front of me, with a charming smile on his face. "Hey! You alright, y/n?" He asked me. He must've noticed something was wrong...

"Yeah... I was just about to get some fresh air." I responded with a small nod. "Yeah, sometimes the hospital will do that to you." He chuckled. "Don't I know it." I laughed. Silence grew between us for a moment.

"I, uh.. I texted you. Did you..." His sentence trailed off as he broke the silence. "I'm so sorry, Henry. I've been so busy, and today has been so chaotic, I-" I tried to explain, before Henry interrupted.

"I can tell..." He chuckled. "Is your nose ok?" He asked, raising his hand up. He stepped closer to me, as his fingers gently grazed over the bandage on my nose. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach, as I noticed how close we were. I stared up at him, admiring his features.

My mouth was open, but no words could come out. Henry is just so... stunning...

Henry started to laugh, and I broke out of my daze. "What are you laughing at?" I asked him. He looked down on me with a smile on his face, and dimples in his cheeks. "You're so beautiful..." He complimented, as his hand moved a stray piece of hair out of my face. I could feel my cheeks heat up.

"I have a question I've been meaning to ask you." He said. I raised my eyebrows slightly, silently encouraging him to continue. "Will you go out with me sometime?" He asked me.

I could feel my heart stop in my chest for a moment. I struggled to find words... I wanted to say yes. But other words came out instead...

"On a date?" I asked him. "That's what I was hoping." He chuckled, as a smirk grew on his face. Embarrassment piled onto my nervousness, bringing more heat to my cheeks. I opened my mouth to talk, but still no words came out.

He mimicked me, and opened his mouth like mine, as he awaited my answer. I eventually found my words. "I would love to!" I exclaimed. A warm smile swarmed Henry's face. Excitement radiated off of him, and me as well.

"When are you thinking?"

"I'll text you." He responded, as he started to walk backwards away from me. "I'll respond this time." I smiled. He nodded and sent a charming wink through the air. A deep smile grew on my face. I turned around and started to walk back to Miguel's room.