𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 72: 𝑀𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝐷𝑎𝑡𝑒

(A/N: This chapter is being posted while we wait for season five of Cobra Kai to be released, so it might not necessarily take place right after the last chapter of season four or fit perfectly into the timeline. Enjoy!)

♡︎

☞︎ Y/N'S POV ☜︎

I sat in the armchair in the living room, while Uncle Bucky sat on the couch. We both sat in silence as we watched TV.

To be honest, I wasn't actually paying much attention to what was being shown. The silence between my uncle and I was painfully awkward.

But I didn't want to be the one to leave the room first. So, we sat.

I felt my phone begin to vibrate in my pocket. When I grabbed it, I was faced with a funny picture of Eli — one where he has food all over his face as he looked up to the camera — along with his contact name.

I glanced over at Bucky for a moment.

You win this time, I thought to myself, before getting off the armchair and going to my room.

I shut the door behind me and answered Eli's call.

"Hey Princess!" Eli greeted happily.

"Hello, my little Snookums!" I said, holding back my laughter. He was quiet on his end for a moment.

"First of all," he started, "never call me that again. Second of all, snookums?"

"Yeah, I'm trying out some more nicknames for you. If you don't like that one, how does Schmoopy sound?" I asked.

"You've gotta take a break from those Seinfeld re-runs," he answered.

"Don't worry, I'll think of a good one," I assured. "So, what's up?"

"I wanted to see if you wanted to do something tomorrow," Eli said.

"What do you have in mind?"

"I was thinking, maybe the mall?"

"Yeah! That sounds fun!" I smiled.

"Cool, so I'll pick you up tomorrow?" He asked.

"I'll be ready," I told him.

"Are you sure?" He asked. "If I get here and you're still sleeping, I'll leave you there and enjoy the Food Court food by myself."

I gasped. "You wouldn't dare!"

"Oh, I would..."

"Yes, yes, I'll be ready," I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I'll see you then, Beautiful."

"I'll see you then, Fuzzy Butt!"

It was silent for a moment.

"I hate you," he said, before hanging up without another word.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

I picked up my phone after hearing a small ding. My eyes fell on a text from Eli, letting me know that he was outside.

I grabbed everything I needed and slid my shoes on, before leaving my room and walking towards the front door. I opened the door to leave, but a voice caught my attention.

"Hey."

I turned back towards the sound. I was faced with Uncle Bucky, who stood in the kitchen. He had one hand on his hip, while he used the other to lean on the counter.