𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 69: 𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝐾𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑇𝑖𝑚𝑒 - 𝑃𝑡.2

☞︎ THIRD-PERSON POV ☜︎

Eli jumped onto the mat, his eyes planted on Henry. Henry made his way up to the middle of the mat as well, the usual smirk glued to his face.

Y/n walked over to the rest of her team to watch the match. He hands moved nervously, unable to keep still.

Henry and Eli did as instructed and bowed to the referee, bowed to each other, and got into their fighting stances. The two boys exchanged a couple quick words, which were inaudible to Y/n from where she was standing.

After the ref announced the start of the first round, Eli threw a high kick towards Henry. Henry leaned back, avoiding the throw. Henry pivoted his feet, swung back around and struck Eli's torso, earning the first point of the match.

Henry took a few steps back, while he and Eli glared at each other.

But then Henry heard someone call his name from the stands. It was a small voice, but still traveled through the air loudly. He looked to the stands, raising a hand up to his forehead to block the light shining down on him.

Clair sat in the stands, jumping up and down in excitement for her big brother.

Henry started to smile, before he remembered what he was doing... and who he was up against.

He suppressed the smile, turning back towards Eli.

The two boys got into fighting stance again. Once the ref started the round, Henry lunged at Eli and threw a punch. But before Henry could land it, Eli kicked him in the torso, scoring Eli a point.

Y/n cheered quietly, too nervous and focused on the match to scream.

"Fight!" The ref yelled, starting the third round. Henry went to sweep Eli's leg out from under him, but Eli kicked him again, putting Eli in the lead.

Henry scolded himself.

Damn, I can't be making these stupid mistakes, he thought to himself. Why am I even here?

Henry looked back at the crowd, or rather, two specific people in the crowd. A brief sadness washed over him, reminding him why he was actually here.

The fourth round began after the ref's call. Eli threw a punch, but Henry blocked it. Henry kicked, but Eli stepped to the side. Eli went in to strike Henry's torso, but Henry moved out of the way quickly.

This round was tougher than the others, both boys displaying their strengths.

Eli gained the last point, though, throwing a spinning back kick at Henry. Henry raised his hands to where he'd just been kicked, taking a few steps back.

Eli scored a spot in the semifinals.

Y/n cheered loudly now that the match was over.

The referee held up Eli's arm and declared him the winner. The crowd cheered loudly, along with the Miyagi-Dos.

Eli turned and walked towards his teammates first. They congratulated him, patting him on the back and throwing high-fives.

Then Eli began looking for Y/n.

I love her. I love her, He kept repeating in his head.

He found her with her team across the room. He began walking over there quickly, almost unable to contain the words until he reached her.

But something in the audience caught his eye. Or someone, rather.

The words came back, as they always do. Those wretched fucking words, that never seem to leave. They ate at him. They clung to his memory like horrible leaches that couldn't be taken off, sucking out his true feelings.