𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 71: 𝑀𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟'𝑠 𝐷𝑎𝑦

(A/N: This chapter is being posted while we wait for season five of Cobra Kai to be released, so it might not necessarily take place right after the last chapter of season four or fit perfectly into the timeline. Enjoy!)

♡︎

☞ ︎THIRD-PERSON POV ☜︎

May 8th.

Mother's Day.

A day filled with family, moms, kindness, and gratitude. Mother's Day never really was Y/n's favorite day of the year, especially since her mother's passing.

Y/n woke in the later morning. She checked the time, then checked today's date, seeing if the feeling of grief in her chest was for a reason.

Sure enough, it was.

Y/n never got to visit her mother's grave much when she moved to Florida. She was buried here in California. But now that she's here, she's not wasting her opportunity.

She got out of bed slowly, leaving her room and entering the bathroom. She freshened up in there, before heading to the kitchen.

The house was quiet. Uncle Bucky was no where to be seen. She walked to the window and pushed the curtains back, but didn't see Bucky's car. She pushed the curtains back closed angrily.

Seriously, she thought. He can't even take one day off work to visit his sister's grave?

She walked to the kitchen and looked in the pantry. She realized she wasn't hungry and that nothing in there looked particularly appetizing.

She walked quietly back into her room and began getting dressed and ready for the day. Her movements were slow, and her choosing an outfit took longer than usual.

When she was finally as put together as she could be, she got into her car and left the apartment complex, heading toward the place her mother lays to rest.

Meanwhile at Eli's house, Eli gets dressed excitedly.

Eli loves his mother. Sure, she can be a little embarrassing sometimes, but she always means well. He's got a couple things to give his mother and a couple things planned to do with her.

He left his room and went down stairs, where his mother and father were talking in the living room.

"Eli! Good morning, hun!" Mrs. Moskowitz exclaimed. He walked over with a smile and embraced his mother. "Happy Mother's Day, mom," he told her.

"Have you eaten yet?" Eli asked. His mother shook her head. "I've had some coffee, but that's it," she replied. "Good! Because I'm taking you out to breakfast!" Eli said, grabbing his mother's hands and pulling her up.

Mrs. Moskowitz beamed. "I've also got you a couple things. I'll go get them, I'll be right back!" Eli said, before running back upstairs to his room where he hid his mother's gifts.

Mrs. Moskowitz was so thankful for her gifts, her smile never left her face. Eli, his mother and his father all went out to breakfast shortly after.

The Moskowitz family talked and laughed as they ate, enjoying their day together to the fullest.

As a final surprise, Eli gave his mother tickets to the Immersive Van Gogh Experience.

He'd seen it on an advertisement. It reminded him of the paintings his mom likes to hang on the walls of their house. So, he got the tickets.

His mom was in awe of the experience.

Hidden projectors played a continuous show, full of wonder and colors, showcasing some of Vincent Van Gogh's paintings. The whole room lit up with the paintings. It was truly beautiful.