𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 89: 𝐵𝑟𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑛 𝐵𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑠

☞︎ THIRD-PERSON POV ☜︎

Y/n laid on a hospital bed, trying not to move or touch her injured arm.

The blood on her face from her nose was cleaned up. However, some bruises darkened her eye and cheek. The nurses were away for a moment, now.

Eli was quiet most of the time, except when he asked Y/n to tell him exactly what happened to her arm. Eli was quiet as he listen to her recount the events.

Eli sat on the side of Y/n's bed, anger practically radiating off of him. He was fuming. His hands were balled into tight fists as he played out the story in his head.

All the things Eli learned at Miyagi-Do about patience and forgiveness had completely fled his mind. This was because when it came to Y/n, especially if it involved her hurt, nothing else mattered. Only her. She was his top priority...

Which is why Eli couldn't believe he wasn't there when Y/n needed him again. Now she's hurt again. She's in this hospital again.

Eli felt an unpleasant pain balling up at the back of his throat.

"Eli..." Y/n said, gaining Eli's attention and pulling him out of his thoughts. "What's wrong? Why are you so quiet?" she asked him. Eli looked downwards, trying to swallow the pain in his throat. He was about to begin speaking, but all that came out was a shaky breath.

"I..." Eli started again. Y/n watched him quietly, waiting for him to continue. "I wasn't there to help you again..." Eli's voice began to crack. "First at school, and now at Cobra Kai? I was just up those stairs... I wasn't even that far away."

It all clicked for Y/n. This must've been what Eli was feeling after the school fight. Is that why he stayed away, she thought to herself.

"Oh Eli... this isn't your fault." Y/n moved her hand over Eli's, but his hand remained where it was. "It's not your responsibility to watch over me 24/7. If this is anyone's fault, it's Cobra Kai's. Terry Silver's. Kenny's. You're here with me now. There's no need to feel guilty for anything." Y/n spoke sweetly to Eli, really trying to get the words through to him.

A small tear fell down Eli's cheek as he continued looking down to the ground. Y/n carefully reached over to Eli, even though he had to moved her injured arm slightly to do it. She didn't care as much, though.

Eli is Y/n's top priority as well.

She wiped the tear from his cheek, trying not to wince at the pain in her arm. Eli's gaze shifted up to Y/n now. "I love you," Y/n said. Eli turned his hand now, finally interlocking his fingers with Y/n's.

Eli's eyes were clouded with pooled tears, but he could still see Y/n's beautiful face perfectly. Every time he looked at her, it was as though she was the only thing there. "I love you too."

"What the hell?!" a voice spoke loudly at the door.

Eli and Y/n turned their heads quickly towards the person, not expecting anyone else. The man stormed to the bed, making Eli stand up from the chair quickly.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Uncle Bucky asked Eli, pointing a finger at him. Eli just furrowed his eyebrows at him, clenching his fists.

"Woah, Bucky-" Y/n started, but was interrupted by her uncle. "I should've known you'd be behind this," said Uncle Buck, still looking at Eli. "Bucky!" Y/n yelled, trying to stop her Uncle from continuing. She tried sitting up more, but it hurt her arm too much.

"This was not my fault, and neither was the last time!" Eli raised his voice.

"Oh, yes it was! You are at the scene of everything bad that happens to Y/n!" Uncle Bucky began yelling. "Stop it!" Y/n yelled, trying to sit up again even though pain continued shooting up her arm in the process. But neither of the guys paid attention to Y/n. They just kept yelling back and forth.