𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 68: 𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝐾𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑇𝑖𝑚𝑒 - 𝑃𝑡.1

"And finally...
this dojo is making their
All Valley debut,
though you'll recognize
a few familiar faces.

Every year, a new dojo
rises up the ranks.
Does this newcomer have
what it takes to win
it all?

Please welcome
Eagle Fang Karate,
led by Sensei
Johnny Lawrence and
defending champion
Miguel Diaz!"

Everyone cheered as we walked out, badass music playing loudly through the tournament hall. We jogged in a line around the All Valley mat, stopping near the Miyagi-Dos.

I exchanged a glance with Eli, as he gave me an encouraging nod. I returned it firmly.

"At the end of the day," the announcer spoke, "only one of these dojos can be crowned Grand Champion."

"Welcome, to the 51st annual All Valley Under-18 Karate Tournament!"

The crowd stood from their seats and cheered loudly again. Some held signs and plastic tubes they bought to make more noise.

"It's karate time."

Each dojo huddled together with the other members of their team. The Eagle Fangs gathered together and began encouraging each other. I looked up to see Miguel standing across from me, looking right at me. I looked at him for a moment, before swallowing and looking away.

"Eagle Fangs, listen up." Sensei called. We all turned to face him, standing in a line now.

"Some of you have been here before, and some of you haven't. I remember standing here at my first All Valley, where I pummeled the ever-loving crap out of my opponents as the crowd cheered. But now we're all here, fighting against Cobra Kai. We're lucky we're not with Miyagi-Do anymore. They tried to soften us up. That bullshit's behind us now. Remember, if we don't beat Cobra Kai, there's no more Eagle Fang."

As if I could ever forget, I thought.

"We're not gonna let that happen, are we?" Sensei asked. "No, Sensei!" The Eagle Fangs yelled in unison.

"We've got something that Cobra Kai doesn't. We have a reigning champion." Sensei pointed to Miguel. "So let's get out there, and show those pussies what we're made of."

"Are you ready?" Sensei asked. "Yes, Sensei." We all shouted in unison again. "All right, good. Let's warm up." Sensei nodded his head.

While we stretched, I looked over to the Cobra Kai students. Then, something caught my eye that made my jaw nearly fall to the ground.

Henry is in Cobra Kai?

Since when?! He must not have been in it for long... How could he even be ready for a tournament like this?

I left my group and stormed over to the Cobras. More of them noticed me the closer I got. When Henry saw me, a deep smirk grew on his face.

"Hey, Doll." He stepped closer to me.

"What the hell, Henry? You're in Cobra Kai?" I asked, my voice raised. "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked. Henry chuckled. "We're not dating anymore. I don't need to tell you anything."

I opened my mouth to say something back, but damn, he was right.

Henry mimicked my facial expression. "Speechless?" He asked. "Well, just you wait until I beat that bitch and knock him on his ass in front of everyone..." Henry smirked, nodding across the room.

I followed his gaze and saw Eli. He stood on the other end of the room, watching Henry and I's interaction from afar. I turned back to Henry angrily.

I raised my fist up, ready to punch him in the face, when I felt someone yank my arm back. Henry laughed as I was pulled away from the Cobras.