𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 41: 𝐵𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑦 𝑁𝑜𝑠𝑒

I was talking with Moon in class before lunch. Once the lunch bell rang, Moon and I met up with Yasmine in the hallway, which feels weird, considering she wouldn't even look my way before, and we all walked to the lunch room together.

We all got our lunch, and sat at a nearby table. Once we all sat down, I decided to make some conversation.

"So, how is everyone's day going?" I asked the girls. Moon's face lit up at the question and she smiled. "Guess what... when I was on my way to school, I saw the cutest little cat!" She exclaimed, as she took her phone out. "I asked my mom if we could take it home, and she said no... But here! I took a picture!" She said happily, as she showed Yasmine and I. "It's cute!" I responded about the picture. Yasmine shrugged her shoulders a little, and replied with, "I don't like cats."

Moon brought her phone back towards her, with a slightly saddened expression on her face. A small smile grew on Yasmine's face, "But it's cute." She said. Moon quickly became happy again.

I looked over to Yasmine. "How is your day going, Yasmine?" I asked her. She looked at me with a confused expression, before she raised an eyebrow. "It's going alright, I guess." She responded. I smiled and nodded at her, before looking down at my lunch tray.

It was silent for a moment. "You know, y/n..." Yasmine started, making me look over at her. "You're actually pretty cool..." she admitted. I smiled at her. "Thanks Yasmine. That means a..." my sentence got slower and quieter, until eventually it stopped.

There he was. Across the cafeteria...

Yasmine turned to follow my gaze, but looked back at me. "Uh, are you ok?" She asked. I shook my head slightly, and put a smile on my face. "Yeah! I'm fine." I nodded. Just then, the voice of a tall, dark haired nerd called from behind me.

"Hey! You ready to rock..." Demitri called, nodding towards Yasmine. He was carrying something big, that had a plaid sheet over it. He walked over to the table and set the big thing down.

"our earth science presentation?" He continued his sentence, still looking at Yasmine. "I'm ready to go back to a world where we don't have to talk on a regular basis." Yasmine spat back. But, Demitri was cool about it.

"Hey, hey! My popularity's on the rise, while yours is steadily declining." He explained, as he pointed to Yasmine. Yasmine crossed her arms and sat back in her chair. "But, uh, maybe we can meet in the middle," Demitri continued.

"like a sexual Venn diagram." He said, while winking and moving his hands in a circular motion. I laughed out loud at his silly antics, and so did Moon. Yasmine let out a noise of disgust and looked away. "So what's under the sheet?" Moon and I asked at the exact same time. We looked at each other and laughed.

"I'm glad you both asked." Demitri responded. He pulled the sheet off the object, to reveal a big lego volcano. "Behold... what scientists believe to be the Valley when dinosaurs roamed the Earth." Demitri explained. Demitri is so smart, and always has the best school projects.

"Go ahead, press the hadrosaur egg." He told Yasmine, who looked impressed by the project. Once Yasmine pressed it, you could hear dinosaur sounds. Then, fog started to pour out of the volcano. All of our jaws dropped, as we stared at the project. "Not bad! My parents may not have to pay for my A this time."

"Your parents will never have to pay for an A again." Demitri reassured Yasmine.

"Well, this is really amazing, Demitri!" I complimented. "Thanks y/n! It has no flaws whatsoever. This thing is a masterpiece." He said.

"I mean, everything's to scale." He explained to us all. "And at 8,351 individual pieces, this meticulously assembled model represents the exact moment before the asteroid hit the-"