𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 27: 𝑀𝑒𝑟𝑐𝑦

☞︎Y/N'S POV☜︎

"You did great yesterday, Ish!" I said.

Aisha and I were stretching while we waited for class to start. Eli wasn't here yet. Miguel was across the room, stretching with Tory. I think they're getting pretty serious. Miguel talks about her all the time; but still not as much as he talked about Sam.

"Thanks y/n/n. You did good too! I mean, you did get my headband." She said. "Yeah, sorry about that. But you didn't make it easy on me!" We both laughed. "Are we still cool?" I asked, hope filling my voice. "Of course." She smiled.

Then I heard the bell on the dojo door ring from behind me. I turn to see who arrived, and it's Eli. He set his things down by mine, and started to walk over to me; but before he arrived, Miguel interjected and started to talk to him.

I turn around and look back at Aisha. It was silent between us, before she spoke. "Is everything ok between you two? I heard what happened." She asked. I thought for a moment. "I'm not sure." I spoke. "Here he comes." Aisha whispered quietly to me.

"Uhm, y/n. Can I talk to you, please?" Eli asked from behind me. I looked at Aisha with pleading eyes, but she just nodded towards Eli, encouraging me to talk to him. I slightly rolled my eyes and stood to my feet. I followed Eli to an empty corner of the dojo so we could talk.

"What do you want, Hawk?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. "I did it." He simply said. "Yeah, I know you did it. That's the problem-" I started, but he interrupted. "No. I mean, I returned it." He said quickly. "I returned the medal."

My arms fell to my sides and my jaw dropped slightly. "What?" I asked quietly. He nodded in response. I didn't know what to say. Instead of saying anything at all, I quickly threw my arms around him and embraced him in a hug.

He returned the embrace, squeezing me tightly. "Thank you." I spoke into his shirt. "Anything for you, Princess." He responded. Once we pulled apart, he kissed my forehead lightly. "So... are we cool?" He asked nervously.

"Yes, Eli. We are cool." I said with a small smile. "But have you apologized to Demitri?" I asked. He looked down and slowly shook his head. "Can I trust you'll do that?" I asked, leaning down so our eyes could connect. "Yeah. For sure." Said Eli.

"Everybody, fall in." Sensei yelled, making everyone get into their lines. Eli and I stood next to each other in out normal spots once again. He looked over and sent me a small smile.

"Today, we'll be learning one of the most important lessons a Cobra Kai could ever know." Sensei announced. "Where's Sensei Kreese?" Eli asked quickly. "Yeah. Shouldn't we wait for the sensei emeritus before we get going?" Stingray added from behind Eli.

Sensei just stared at Stingray with a face that had 'shut up' written all over it. "Or not." Stingray exhaled sharply.

"Mr. Kreese will no longer be joining us." Sensei announced. I let out a sigh of relief, but Eli and Miguel looked at each other with confused faces. The students around the room quietly let out confused murmurs. I think I was the only one in the room that was happy he was gone.

"I made a promise when I became your sensei. To always look out for your best interests." Sensei paused. "Despite how hard this might be for all of us, he didn't have our best interests at heart." Sensei said, looking over to me. I sent a slight nod.

"John Kreese may have founded Cobra Kai, but he no longer represents what this dojo stands for." Sensei spoke to the class. "His Cobra Kai was old and outdated. He refused to move forward. What happens when we do that, Mr. Diaz?" Sensei asked quickly.