𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 65: 𝐿𝑎𝑠𝑡-𝑀𝑖𝑛𝑢𝑡𝑒 𝑃𝑟𝑒𝑝

Moon rummaged through her walk-in closet, pausing every few seconds or so, looking different dresses up and down. I sat on the end he of her bed, watching her do so.

She would look over a dress for a moment, before shaking her head and quickly moving over to the next. It took her a while to get through them all. She had way more than I thought...

"Ugh!" She groaned after looking at the last dress. She turned towards me. "None of these will due. None of mine quite fit the auras you give off." She told me.

"Oh.. Uh, well, it's fine. I'm sure I can find something." I nodded, standing from her bed. She crossed the room swiftly and grabbed my hand. "Are you kidding? I'm not letting you get away that easily!" She said.

She sat down on her bed and pulled me down to sit next to her. She was quiet for a moment, thinking. Then her face changed, as if a lightbulb went off in her mind.

"I have an idea!" Moon exclaimed.

"How about we go dress shopping tomorrow?" She proposed. "But it's so close to prom, I didn't think any places would have much..." I said.

"Oh please, I know places." She assured.

"And the money..." I pointed out. "I don't have much saved for it."

She smiled. "I'll pay for it! My treat!" Moon said. I started to shake my head. "No way. I couldn't let you do that." I told her.

"It's what friends do!" She exclaimed and smiled widely. "It would make me so happy to get one for you! Especially after you've been such a good friend to me."

"I really can't-" I started, before Moon gasped and stood up, holding my hands. "You can sleep here tonight too! It'll be perfect! A girls day!" She said excitedly.

Before I could say anything, she nodded, a grin still prominent on her face, and walked over to her bedroom door. "I'll get you a toothbrush!" She said happily, before leaving her room.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

I stepped out of the dressing room, a new dress clothing my body. Moon stood up from her chair, smiling.

"Y/n, that one looks so pretty on you!" She exclaimed. I looked at myself in the mirror, turning my head to the side slightly. "Eh, I'm not too sure about this one..." I said.

Moon walked up beside me. "Personally, I think you look great. But, if it doesn't feel like you, then don't choose it." She said. I nodded at her words, before walking back into my dressing room.

I tried on a number of dresses. Some weren't the right color, didn't fit me right in places, or just wasn't as good-looking on me than it was on the hanger.

I made it to one of the final dresses Moon and I picked out. It was the right color and style I was looking for, but I was so afraid it wouldn't look good on me. All the other dress flops had brought down my hopes of actually finding one I liked.

I slid into the dress, adjusted it around my body, and took a deep breath, before stepping out of the dressing room.

Moon looked over to me and her eyes went wide. She stood slowly, her mouth falling open. She looked over at me in silence.

I grew worried at her silence and looked down to the dress quickly. "What? What's wrong?" I asked, looking back up to her again. She walked over to me.

"Y/n, it's..." Her sentence trailed off. "I can't even find the words..." Moon said, before grabbing my hand and pulling me over to the mirror.

I looked myself up and down. To my surprise, it wasn't bad...