𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 7: 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐷𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒

We pulled up to the school as the dance started.

That evil plan of Johnny's? He dug out an old skeleton costume for Miguel to wear instead of his Poor-Man costume. Apparently Johnny said he wore it to his Halloween Dance in his senior year.

I did Miguel's skeleton makeup, because Johnny couldn't do face paint to save his life.

As for my costume, well, I wore what I said I was going to. I was an 80s aerobics instructor.
Once Sensei saw my costume, he went on this whole tangent about how he hooked up with plenty of aerobics babes.

Me and Miguel stepped out of the car onto the pavement outside the school. "Hey! You two try to get people to join. I'll do some recruiting of my own too." He yelled to me and Miguel from inside his car before he drove off.

Me and Miguel looked at each other with a confused look before we shrugged our shoulders. I turned around and saw Eli outside. He was waiting right where he asked me to the dance.

I started to walk up to him, and I could feel the butterflies fluttering out of control in my stomach. I felt my hands get a little sweaty as I got closer. I'm nervous, not gonna lie.

I saw him before he saw me. "Hey Eli!" I said as I reached him. "Oh! Hey y/n! Wow, you weren't joking about that costume. I mean- you look great." He said, laughing and stuttering. This caused me to laugh a little too. "Thanks Eli! Or should I say, Doctor Moskowitz. I like your costume!" I said to him.

"Thanks!" He said. He had a doctor mask on, but I could feel his smile form underneath it. "Eli, you don't have to wear that mask around me." I said. He hesitated, but pulled it off below his chin. I smiled.

How is Eli so perfect?

"Well, ready to go in?" I asked, holding my hand out towards the school. Eli didn't respond. Instead, he looked down at his feet. "Come on Eli. Lets go! I believe in you! You look amazing!" I said to him, as I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the school.

We entered the gym, hands still intertwined. Eli pulled up his mask again though. This made me kinda sad, but as long as he's comfortable. We both searched the room for Demitri and Miguel, who already entered the gym.

We spotted them and made our way over. "Hey guys!" I said to the two boys. Demitri looked over at me. "Wow, and 80s aerobics instructor, you weren't kidding. You better hope you don't get kicked out of this thing." He said, referring to the dance. "Yeah, yeah. I think I'll be fine. Anyways, Demitri, I like your sorcerer costume." I said with a smile.

"Sorcerer?" Demitri scoffed. "Please. I'm a necromancer..." he said, pointing to his costume. "What?" I asked quietly. "Didn't you see the amulet?" He asked, pointing to his necklace. "Oh... right... silly me..." I said in a mono, sarcastic tone.

Demitri turned around for a second. When he couldn't see us, me and Miguel turned to each other with confused faces and we both shrugged our shoulders. We stopped when Demitri turned back around. This caused Eli to laugh a little.

"Well! Shall we dance?" I asked Eli in a British accent, as I bowed and held out my hand. "Yes we shall.." he said back in a British accent, bowing and grabbing my hand. "You guys wanna come too?" I asked Demitri and Miguel.

"No, I think I'm gonna go get some punch." Miguel said. Demitri nodded in agreement as the both turned around and made their way to the drinks.

I pulled Eli out to the dance floor with me. The song was upbeat and fun, so we both started to jump around and dance when we got to the dance floor.

Me and Eli danced and laughed for a few minutes. "You're crazy!" Eli yelled, laughing. "I take that as a compliment, Dr. Moskowitz!" I yelled back.