𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 38: 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐶𝑎𝑓𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑎 𝑁𝑎𝑝𝑘𝑖𝑛

Don't forget to vote! <3

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

Since Miguel has woken up, I've been visiting him in his hospital room everyday. After school, I'd head straight to the hospital. On the weekends, I'd spend my days with him. Whenever I could, I'd visit him.

Instead of the happy, easygoing, up-for-anything Miguel I'm used to seeing, I've been seeing a sad, angry, and depressed side of Miguel. I can tell what Carmen and the doctor spoke about was stuck in his mind.

Miguel might never walk again.

I wouldn't say this to him, though. I've been saying many encouraging words to Miguel to try to lift his spirits, but he usually give me a small, sad smile and just looks away.

It was around lunch time, so I went down to the hospital cafeteria to get Miguel some food.

I got off the elevator and walked into the cafeteria. It wasn't very big, and none of the options looked very appetizing. But, I got into one of the small lines for food.

I grabbed an empty tray and laid it on the platform in front of me. I slowly made it through the line, while scooping some foods onto the tray that I think Miguel would like.

I paid for the food once I was through the line, and started to leave the cafeteria.

Maybe I got a little too much food on this tray, because it was hard to walk with it without spilling anything. I slowly walked through the hall towards the elevator, my eyes intently fixed onto the tray.

Then, I could've sworn I heard someone call my name from behind me. I turned my head for a moment while I kept walking. I didn't see any familiar faces, so I went to turn around when,

Crash!

I ran into a wall.

The tray crashed onto the ground, and food spilled everywhere. I groaned, before I bent down and started to pick up some of the mess. Then, another pair of hands started to help me clean. It startled me a little bit. I looked up to the person helping, when I realized their shirt was covered in food.

Then it hit me.

It wasn't a wall I ran into, it was a person.

I gasped and covered my mouth. "Oh my god,
oh my god. I am so sorry!" I apologized quickly. The person looked at me and moved some loose, dark brown curls from out of their face.

"It's alright, Doll Face." He said, before he looked back down and continued to help me clean up. I didn't move, and stared at him for a moment.

That nickname made me think of Eli.

I've tried my hardest not to think about Eli, but it's hard. I haven't even told Miguel about our break up. I've seen Eli at school a couple times, hanging out with the rest of the newly-made Cobra Jerks. But I always just tried to avoid them.

The boy in front of me stopped cleaning and looked up at me again. "Are you alright?" He asked. I forced myself out of my thoughts and shook my head slightly. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just- I didn't see you there- I didn't mean to run into you." I stuttered quickly.