𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 66: 𝐵𝑜𝑤𝑠𝑒𝑟'𝑠 𝐻𝑒𝑟𝑒

Hand in hand, Eli and I entered.

The prom venue was decorated beautifully; colorful lights lit up the room, gold designs were placed everywhere, which shined with each light change.

Tons of people crowded the dance floor. Some where dancing, some where talking, some where taking pictures, and others were making out.

Eli and I took steps further into the room together. Then, I heard someone call out my name. I looked to the sound and saw Moon walking up to me.

A huge grin took over her face. "Y/n! You look so gorgeous!" Moon squealed, emphasizing the last word. "Thank you, Moon! And look at you! You're radiant!" I said, grabbing her hands.

Moon wore a blue dress, with a colorful design on the skirt. Her hair was braided on the top, while the rest flew loose in curls.

Moon thanked me with a small twirl. "You too, Eli. You guys make the cutest couple!" Moon said. Eli smiled and nodded in thanks. "Well, Moon, we'll see you later?" I spoke.

"Of course! You better dance with me at some point!" She told me. I chuckled. "I promise I will."

Moon went back to her other friends on the dance floor, and I turned back towards Eli. We snaked our arms together and looked around the room again.

"So, what do you think?" I asked Eli, looking over to him. He looked around and squinted his eyes. "I was right." He stated.

"Right?" I asked. "Right about what?"

"You are most definitely the prettiest one here." He said, looking over at me. My cheeks warmed, before I gave him a quick kiss.

"Ready to dance?" I asked, grabbing his hands. "Actually, before we start, I should go find Demitri. I wanna make sure he's alright." Eli said. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why wouldn't Demitri be alright?" I asked.

"Yasmine couldn't make it. She had to go to her dad's wedding in Australia." Eli said. "Oh, that's right." I started. "I knew she was out of town, but I didn't know she'd be gone for prom..."

"You go find him. I'll go find Miguel." I said. Eli nodded and we started to walk away from each other, before I stopped and turned back towards him. "Oh! Don't forget to tell Demitri to save me a dance!" I yelled. Eli nodded with a smile.

My eyes scanned the dance floor. I saw some people I knew from class, some other people that were invited, before my eyes landed on a few Cobra Kais.

It'd be best if I didn't go other there, I thought.

Soon, I spotted Miguel dancing with Sam. I smiled and began carefully making my way through the crowd of teenagers.

"Sam! Miguel!" I called when I approached. They both turned towards me. Sam smiled brightly. "Sam, you look beautiful!" I told her, looking over her pink dress. "Thank you so much! You do too!" She replied.

Then I looked over to Miguel, who was wearing the exact outfit I helped him decide on. "Miguel, looking good! Better than Sensei's skeleton onesie, right?" I chuckled.

He laughed too. Sam turned towards Miguel. "Hey, I'm gonna go say hi to someone real quick." Sam told him. Miguel nodded. "Alright, I'll meet you other there in a minute." Miguel spoke. Sam nodded and went over to her friend.

Miguel looked back at me. "Hey." He greeted. "Looks like that tie worked out perfectly, right?" I joked, raising my hands to his tie to straighten it out a bit. "Couldn't have been any better. Thanks again." He smiled.

Soon, I felt a hand lay on my waist. I looked over and saw Eli beside me. "Oh, you're back already? Is Demitri ok?" I asked.

"Yeah, he's fine. He called me Mario and you Princess Peach. He told me to find you again before Bowser comes and takes you away." Eli said, making us both chuckle.