𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 30: 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑆𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑜𝑙 𝐹𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

They opened the door into another room and brought me inside. "Get in here, and stay quiet!" They said, bringing me over to a closet and shoving me in, before slamming the door and running back out of the room.

What the hell is happening?

Tears still stained my face, as I tried to comprehend was was going on. The music downstairs turned off, and I could hear small yells every few seconds. Eventually, the house went quiet. I debated on whether I should walk out and see what was up, but decided to stay in the closet.

About 10 minutes later, the door opened, and I was met with the person who closed me in here. "It's alright. They're gone." The feminine voice said. The girl walked over and turned the lights in the room on. That was when I got a clear picture of her.

It was Moon.

"Sorry... who's gone? What's happening?" I asked, stepping out of the closet. "You mean you didn't hear?" Moon asked. I slowly shook my head with a confused look on my face. "The cops came." She answered.

"What?! Did everyone-- Is Eli-- Sorry, Hawk... still here?" I stuttered quickly. "Everyone left. They had to, or else they would've gotten caught by the cops. That's why I brought you in here, so you wouldn't get busted." She explained.

"Oh.. W-Well, thanks, Moon." I said, still overwhelmed with all the thoughts racking my brain. She noticed my awkwardness, and walked up to me. "Are you ok, y/n?" She asked, putting a comforting hand on my arm.

"I-I..." I stuttered. Moon guided me over to her bed, and we both sat down. "What happened?" Moon asked. I continued to sit next to her while I explained what happened downstairs. She comforted me by rubbing my back softly and listening to everything I had to say.

"I'm sorry that happened to you, y/n." She said. "And, although I don't know you too well, I can assure you that all those things Demitri said about you were completely not true." She reassured. I had my head in my hands. "Thanks Moon..." I said through my hands.

"I know you probably don't want to hear this, but I don't think it's entirely Demitri's fault either." She added, causing me to look up at her. "It sounds like he's hurt. Not hurt by you; just by the situation around us... All the tension between everyone..."

"Maybe you're right..." I said quietly. It was quiet for a moment, before Moon stood up from the bed. She walked over to her side table and checked the time. "It's getting late." Moon announced.

I stood up from the bed. "I rode here with Eli..." I said. "Do you want to stay here?" She kindly asked. "Oh... I mean, I don't have any clothes or anything..." I said. "Don't worry! You can borrow mine! And I've got extra tooth brushes and everything!"

"I don't want to be a burden. I've already vented to you..." I said quietly. "Don't be so silly!" She exclaimed happily. She walked over to her dresser and pulled out a big t-shirt and some sport shorts. "Here. You can sleep in these." She said, holding out the clothes. I hesitated for a second, before grabbing the clothes. I smiled and exited to room. I made my way to the bathroom to change.

Once I was changed into the new clothes, I left the bathroom and went back into Moon's room. She was already laying in bed, underneath the covers. She wasn't sleeping yet, though. "So... where should I sleep?" I asked nervously.

"Oh! You can sleep here!" She said, patting the spot next to her on her bed. "Uhm.. are you sure? I can sleep on the floor if you want. I'll be fine." I said. "Nonsense! Sleep up here!" She insisted. I smiled and slid under the covers on her bed. I started to get comfortable, when I started to think about Eli.