CH*98 (Comfort)

Jungkook pov:

I close the door after saying goodbye to Arthur. It took a while for him to get everything set up. I walk back into the living room and look around at everyone. I frown as I notice Jin is not in the room. I look to Yoongi as he clears his throat nodding into the kitchen. I smile before heading that way. I see Jin leaning against the counter when I walk in. His head is down with his hand wrapped around his glass of water. I walk over to him as he takes a deep breath. Wrapping my arm around his waist I squeeze him in a back hug. I smile as he relaxes into my hold.

"A penny for your thoughts?"

He chuckles as he turns in my arms.

"I don't know if they're worth a penny Kooks."

We stand there staring at each other as I give him time to get his thoughts together. He sighs before leaning forward and resting his forehead against my chest. I rub my hands up and down his back as he turns his head to rest against me. It's comfortable holding him this way.

"I guess I'm just a little uncertain of the future. I know what I want and what I need but... I'm not sure if I will be able to have it. My life has been filled with ups and downs. So many disappointments. Then I found Joon, and I thought finally I can have some peace. Even though we have been literally keeping away from my family. They have always known where I am. I had resigned myself to just losing everything that I held dear to me."

He pulls back and locks eyes with me giving me a soft smile.

"Then we decided to expand our business. The bottom line was actually to find people to eventually groom to take our places and take over. When we found you and Tae our goal was essentially to bring you on as we discussed. Feel you both out and see if you could work well together. See if you could handle everything. Then slowly give you more responsibility. After I went back to my family with the hope of Joon surviving he could continue on and I could work behind the scenes. That was the plan. Then we met you and everything changed. Now I have hope. We have hope. I'm afraid I am placing too much faith in this all working. I'm afraid to let myself feel what I feel entirely. Just in case it turns out to be too good to be true. I'm used to that."

I swallow as he hugs me to him frowning as he lays his head against my chest again and I place a kiss on his hair. He chuckles as he squeezes.

"You see this. We are standing here holding each other as if it's the most natural thing in the world. While my marked mate sits in the other room holding someone else and I am happy about it. Doesn't that seem strange?"

"No, it's not strange at all when you really think about it."

We both turn to look at Hobi as he stands in the doorway with Tae's arms wrapped around him from behind. He leans back and kisses Tae on the cheek before turning back to us.

"Jinnie I know we are not the most conventional family, but we are family. We are mates. It's okay to be okay with that. This bond I feel for you, that I feel for all of you. I never knew it would be like this. I never knew it could be like this. I just know I don't want to lose it or any of you. That's what scares me the most. Waking up and finding that one of you is no longer with me. I can't imagine it. Can you?"

I feel him shudder in my arms as he shakes his head.

"I think that what makes this so scary. I feel so much for all of you. I'm used to feeling these things for Joonie. I had resigned myself to losing him forever but now just the thought of losing you all... I just..."

I lean in placing my hands on either side of his face fitting my lips to his as I feel his heart start to race. I let my guard down and allow him to feel everything I feel. For Tae, for the guys, for him. I feel his hands clench in my shirt as he pulls me closer. I feel warmth surround us as I let my bonds open leaving me bare. I pull back panting looking at him as he looks at me with wide eyes. I feel arms wrap around me from behind as I have Jinnie caged against the counter. I look over my shoulder to find Joon's arms wrapped around me. I'm still panting as my heart races. I look over at Tae as he steps in next to me. Hobi is now holding him from behind as he smiles at me. I laugh as I look around at everyone crowded around us. I peck Jinnie one last time before looking at Tae.