CH*89 (Evolution)

Namjoon pov:

I stand with my back against the counter. I look around at the guys as they dance around the room. You would think all the newly engaged would be sticking to each other but no. I let my gaze move through the room. I let my gaze land on Kooks as he spins Jimin pulling his back to his front as they sway to the music. Looking just to the right of them Suga and Hobi have effectively sandwiched Tae between them. I watch as Jimin laughs at something Kook whispers in his ear. The sound of his laughter catches the attention of their mates as they focus their gazes on each other. I watch as the five of them close the distance between them still keeping to the beat. My attention is pulled away as I look down at the glass that is taken up my field of vision. I chuckle as I take the glass and turn slightly to wrap my arm around Jinnie's waist as he smiles at me.

"What exactly did you mix into these drinks love? They have kinda been all over each other in the guise of dancing since we finished dinner."

He laughs as he takes a sip of his own drink.

"Nothing out of the ordinary. I mean except it has four different kinds of alcohol and fermented fruit instead of just regular fruit. Oh, and Sprite!"

We both laugh and I shake my head.

"Oh, so they are almost purely alcohol. Hmm, shifter alcohol or the regular kind?"

He looks at me and winks. I shake my head as I smile. Of course, it's not the regular kind. My attention is pulled away when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look over to catch Hobi's bright smile.

"Come dance with us Joon!"

I laugh and turn to Jin only to see him being dragged to dance too by Tae and Suga. We join everyone to dance. The music is upbeat and the baseline pulses through the floor. I think to myself it's a good thing we are each other's neighbors since it's after 10 at night. Kook spins Jimin into the middle of the makeshift circle we have formed. He starts to dance. All eyes are on him as he moves his body to the beat of the music. He closes his eyes and just lets himself go. I have seen his videos, so I know what a great dancer he is but this. This seems to be a whole new level. I clear my throat and look around checking to see if anyone else can feel what I am. Everyone has their eyes locked on Jimin. No one is actively dancing anymore, we just kind of sway back and forth in place. I bite my lip as I watch humming to myself. I hear a low growl and look to my left, I catch Suga's eye as he shakes his head pulling his gaze away from Jimin. I gasp when my eyes flit back to him. He does some kind of body roll and lifts his hands and as if they had been called Kook and Hobi steps forward taking one of his outstretched hands. He smiles and pulls them beside him. They look like a choreographed team as they move in perfect synchronicity. I gulp as I watch and feel as Suga and Jin shift to stand beside me. I feel a tap on my hand and look to meet Jin's gaze. He tilts his head and I turn to look at Tae. He seems to be caught in the same spell as the other three as he mimics their movements matching them perfectly. Seems we have four dancers in our little crew. Suga steps to the side closer to Tae as he continues to dance as the three in front of him watch with a keen eye. He has his eyes closed so he doesn't know we are watching. Just lets the music and whatever emotions are flowing through him guide his movements. I glance at Kooks to see his gaze sweep over Tae's form before a smirk forms on his face. He looks at the other two before breaking away to step behind Tae as he dances. He picks up his motions dancing the same steps before stepping in behind Tae and grasping his waist. Tae's eyes shoot open as he startles and stops. Kook wraps his arms around him as he looks around at us wide-eyed. I watch as his cheeks flame and he rubs the back of his neck licking his lips.

"Um, I don't know I just felt like dancing... so I did. Was it really bad?"

I let out a nervous chuckle as Kook leans in to whisper in his ear. I don't know what he said but we all watch as Tae's face darkens even more. His eyes widen comically, and he looks around at us before smiling and shaking his head. I look to see Jimin and Hobi are smiling but still dancing. Jimin then moves to stand in front of Hobi and he immediately wraps his arms around him pulling him close as they continue to move. Tae watches as he feels Kook move behind him gently moving him to dance again. He and Jimin close their eyes at the same time and Tae starts to dance with them again. Suga walks over to Jin and me as we watch the four of them move. I don't have a clue as to what's going on, but the view is one I'm glad not to miss. They stop moving as the song ends. Tae and Jimin open their eyes gazes locking before Tae giggles and shakes his head. Jimin grins and laughs. He looks behind him at Hobi before looking at Suga.