Ch*20 (Interest)

Taehyung pov:

As Kook and I walk out of the restaurant my mind is going a million places. I am not exactly sure where to start with this meeting and how to make sure he is included. I'm afraid I will ruin things before I even have a chance to start on many levels. I feel my hand being grasped in a warm firm grip. I look over and Kook is smiling at me.

"Relax, you look like you are thinking about a million different things at once. You don't want to burn out before we even begin. Don't forget I'm here. We're partners right? Use me however you need. What's on your mind? What's your biggest fear right now?"

I stop and turn him to face me. I think about his question and decide to answer him honestly.

"To be honest there are many things I am afraid of right now. The biggest one, is losing you. I think I could deal with failing at anything else but not failing you."

He looks at me with a shocked expression and stares at me. I just stand there as well staring at him. I hope I haven't scared him and come on too strong. I mean I know we're mates but he may not feel as strongly as I do. I decide to try to recover the mood a bit.

"Well, I know that may sound intense right now and I don't expect you to respond in the same way. I just really wan..."

My words are cut off as Kook grabs me by the back of the neck and crashes our lips together. His kisses are full of passion and it calms me immediately. I didn't realize how worked up I had gotten until he calmed me. He leans back a bit breaking the kiss and looks into my eyes. We are both panting. I take a deep breath while I look deep into his eyes and smile. He smiles too.

"Better?" He asks.

"Yes, much better. I didn't even realize how worked up I had gotten but you did, thank you."

"It's no problem, I'm sure you would do the same for me. Now that you are calm, let's work together and come up with a plan on how to get everything ready for tonight. Do you know where we should start?"

"I'm not sure. Wait do we even know what time they are coming?"

"That is a good thing to find out. Want me to text Yoongi and find out if he knows what time?"

"Yes, that would be great. "

I watch as he pulls out his phone and messages Yoongi. He then puts his phone in his pocket and looks at me.

"Now we wait for a response. What's next?"

"Well, we need to decide what all needs to be discussed with the three of them."

"Okay then let's head back and we can sit down together and write it all up. I'm not exactly sure what my role is in all of this. I thought I was just taking pictures."

He laughs and we continue our walk. It doesn't escape me that he continues to hold me by the hand as we walk, Its nice. We enjoy the silence as we walk and take in the sights around us. This is a beautiful city and I can't wait to take some time and explore it with you. Which makes me think about our looking for a place.

"Kook, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, you can ask me anything, anytime you want Tae."

"I was just thinking of our new relocation package. Are you sure you're ok with everything? I know a lot of this is new for you and I don't want you to feel pressured by anything. I will wait for you if you're not ready to take that step."

I turn my head to look at him while we walk. He is smiling softly while looking ahead of us. He squeezes my hand a bit and looks over at me.

"I would like to answer your question, but I'd like to ask you a question first, ok?"

"Of course, anything."

"Where are you sleeping tonight?"

I freeze at his question. I look at him a bit shocked and confused. I thought I was sleeping next to him tonight, hopefully holding him. I don't need to make love to him all the time, but I really would like to hold him. Maybe I was right to think we were moving too fast for him. I look down at the ground a bit and take a breath ready to speak but he speaks first.

"See, I just watched you go through so many different emotions just now. If I'm not mistaken the last one was disappointment. I'm not sure exactly where your mind went but I know your first thought was did I misunderstand, right?"

I nod at him unable to speak so I decide to let him continue.

"I wasn't asking because I was unsure of where you were going to be but to show you how it feels when you say things like that to me. It makes me wonder if you are certain of what you want or if you need more time. I would tell you if I did, I hope you would do the same Tae."

I feel my heart drop when I realize how he must have felt. I pull him into a hug and just hold him for a few minutes in the middle of the sidewalk. Not caring about the looks we are getting from people who must veer around us. I pull back a bit to look him in the eyes and take his lips in a gentle kiss. I shake my head a little when we pull back again.

"I'm sorry Kookie. I let myself get so overwhelmed with the fact I don't want to lose you I let my mind wander and branch off into different fears. I promise to always be open and honest with you. Please don't be afraid to do the same. I know we can work through anything."

"Absolutely, we are matched for a reason and as crazy as this may sound, I am completely comfortable with the idea of being yours. Though that is totally against my personality."

We begin walking again. I am anxious now to get back. That way I can sit down and brainstorm with him and get everything set up for tonight. I am also excited about planning with him to find our new home. He is proving to be beyond my wildest dreams. Before I know it, we are walking through the lobby doors. We walk to the elevator and I press the button to call it to the lobby. I look up and see Jimin walking over to us with a smile on his face.

"Hey guys did you have a good day out?"

Kook and I look at each other and smile.

"Yes, Jimin we did have a good day out. Have you spoken to Yoongi by any chance? Kook and I are waiting to hear back from him about something."

"Oh, he messaged me earlier asking what time I would be done working. I told him that I get off here at 8 but need to be at my other job by 10. He told me to call out of my other job though. I'm waiting to hear back from him again explaining so I know if I really need to call in. I need that job and can't afford to have them let me go."

Just then Kook pulls out his phone as it vibrates in his pocket. He smiles as he reads the message. He shows it to me, and it reads: Jimin and Hoseok will also have to call out of work tonight but I will make sure we are there. How about 9 o'clock, is that too late? Just want to give us time to get ready and let me explain a bit about what happened today. I look at Kook as he looks back at me. He begins to type as I turn to Jimin.

"Yeah, call out of work tonight and as its almost 7 why don't you head up with Kook while I go talk to the front desk and let them know we are taking your time for the rest of the evening."

Kook then shows me the message he just sent Yoongi. It says, "Don't worry about Jimin he is actually already with us. We swiped him when we walked into the hotel. You and Hoseok just get here as soon as you can." I smile at him and leave them to head upstairs while I head to the front desk. The receptionist looks up at me with a smile.

"Good evening Mr. Kim. What can I do for you?"

"Actually, I wanted to let you know I will be utilizing the services of one of your bellhops for the rest of his shift. Jimin will helping Mr. Jeon and I will a business Meeting we will be holding tonight."

"Oh, ok are you sure you want to use Jimin? We do have other staff that could be of assistance to you. Other bellhops or even myself. I could help you with whatever you need."

She says with a smile and a wink. I'm decidedly disgusted and shake my head.

"No, actually Jimin is perfect for what we need tonight, my boyfriend and I will make sure his time is well accounted for, thank you."

I smile and walk away. I can't believe she actually tried flirting with me. I can't wait to get upstairs with my mate.