CH*24 (Building Friendships)

Jungkook pov:

I set up Yoongi's playlist to my speakers and music starts to play. We all take our plates and beers and sit comfortably in the living room. I watch as the three settle onto one couch. Tae and I settle onto the other. We are all quiet as we eat our food. I am deep in thought as I eat wondering if anyone else feels like they are dreaming and will wake up and realize none of this is real. I look over at Tae and think to myself I would stay asleep forever. He must feel me watching him because he looks over and smiles at me. I love it when he smiles. I don't ever want to see him sad. I finish my food and set my plate down opening my beer and his. Seeing he has also finished I take his empty plat and set it on the table and hand him his beer. He snuggles closer to me wrapping his arm around me and grabbing my waist. I feel my cheeks heat up as I smile at him. He then places a kiss on my cheeks, and I feel them heat up more. I glance over at the others in the room and see them cuddled up with their beers as well. Its nice. I am content with this group of people. I never thought I would be able to make friends. I only had a few back home but we weren't really close. I wonder if I feel so comfortable with them because they are shifters like me.

"Maybe, it is easier to be yourself around people like you. You don't have to worry about what we'll think because we understand you on a base level. AN animal level so to speak."

I look at Yoongi a little confused and he smiles at me.

"You must not have realized you spoke your thoughts aloud. I have been around other shifters and have felt more natural around them than I felt around regular humans. It is probably the same for you. Do you have any questions we may be able to answer?"

"I'm not sure this is all very new to me. Is there anything you think I should know?"

"I don't think so. At least anything that you need to know right now, that you don't already know. It will be good if you guys can find a plot of land that will be safe for you to shift on where you don't have to worry about hunters. I'm excited about this new beginning for us for the same reason. We will finally be able to find a place where we can shift and be comfortable too."

"Okay I will just take things slow and if anything comes to mind, I will ask Tae or one of you for input if he is not available or doesn't know."

"That sounds like the way to go." Hobi chimes in.

Just then, nothing like us begins to play through the speakers and I smile thinking of how much I like the song. I start to hum, and then sing along. Its one of my favorites and I close my eyes as I sing. When the song ends, I open my eyes and look over at Tae. He has a shocked expression on his face. I look around and see the other guys are looking at me shocked too.

"I mean it's a good song why are you guys all looking at me like that?"

I hide my face a bit embarrassed.

"No, Kook you have a beautiful voice! Just blew me a way a bit that's all."

He chuckles a bit and hugs me.

"You really do Kook I might ask you to help me and sing with Jimin on some background vocals for my tracks."

Yoongi says to me looking at Jimin who nods and smiles at me.

"I learn more and more about you every day. You really are amazing Kook."

I look at Tae amazed by the emotion in his voice.

"I am looking forward to our days of learning about each other."

As I'm looking at Tae a new song comes on.

"Hey Jimin, isn't this the song you danced to?"

"He looks at me and nods."

Yoongi looks over at him surprised.